Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am going to be in St Louis Missouri for a concert that's taking place in the Grove..

I've had some difficulty attempting to locate a nice secure parking garage in that area. I do not mind if what I find is far enough away that I need to Uber the rest of the way to the event instead of walking.

Is there anybody on here familiar with the St Louis area that might have some suggestions?

All responses are very much appreciated!

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,676 Posts
Best advice I can offer is arrange to leave the car at a rather "distant" hotel -- been years since I was in St Louis but even back then I'm thinking a hotel in Jeff City might be a good choice... -- ideally with a patrolled parking lot or garage and take a cab or some other similar conveyance to the concert. Then after the concert is over use a cab/whatever to get back to the hotel and your car. You want to of course arrange with the hotel leaving your car parked there.

(Some years ago I stayed at a hotel in I think Burlingame CA the night before flying to Europe on business. I arranged to leave my rather new GTO there. Because I had stayed the night I got some parking time for free and after this was used up the cost of leaving the car parked was not exorbitant, and I was away for over 3 weeks.)

While you are right to have some concern about leaving your car parked driving to anywhere near the concert poses a risk. A lot of distracted drivers unfamiliar with the area, all seeking parking, is a recipe for a fender bender at best. Or having someone throw something at your car.

Added: Curious I checked the Grove web site. It offers some parking recommendations:

Parking
Public Parking Lots
Public parking is available at the parking lots identified on the map below(Please see addresses, schedule of operation and pricing)

1. 4352 Manchester Ave.(Friday-Saturday, 7pm-3am, $4 per car)
  2. 4247 Manchester Ave. (Monday-Saturday, 8am-7pm, Metered Lot )
  3. 4173 Manchester Ave. (Friday-Saturday & select weeknights, 7pm-3am, $4 per car)
  4. 4036 Manchester Ave. (Monday-Sunday, 5pm-3am, $5 per car)
Link:

http://thegrovestl.com/parking/

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
As someone who moved from Missouri in 2017, you couldn't pay me enough to leave a car parked in St.Louis.

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We'll see how it goes. Found me a parking garage 15 minutes away and grabbed a nice end spot with tons of room.

Part of my fathers day gift us letting my father drive my challenger. St. Louis is about 3-1/2 hrs from my house and I'm heading to his house after the concert.

Driving back home first and then driving to his place was not an option.

I'll tune in later to report how it went but I do not expect any issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts