Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm looking for some input on which pipes are the best for replacing your mufflers on the mid muffler delete??

If recommending, please post the brand and size.

I have a 2018 Scat Pack - A8.

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm looking for some input on which pipes are the best for replacing your mufflers on the mid muffler delete??

If recommending, please post the brand and size.

I have a 2018 Scat Pack - A8.

Thanks for the help guys!
If you just want to straight pipe all the resonators and mufflers, any good muffler shop could get it done for you

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Be warned, deleting the muffler is a sound only a Harley owner could love. It's awful to me. (opinons)

https://youtu.be/zwH85gFOVVQ

Pipe is pipe.

Consider your options in a muffler replacement, and avoid that drone when MDS kicks in, and the rasp at WOT.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Be warned, deleting the muffler is a sound only a Harley owner could love. It's awful to me. (opinons)

https://youtu.be/zwH85gFOVVQ

Pipe is pipe.

Consider your options in a muffler replacement, and avoid that drone when MDS kicks in, and the rasp at WOT.
Agreed. Deleting the mufflers for straight pipe sounds like ass.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Dynomax or Vibrants. Dynomax for loudness and rasp, Vibrant for bass and depth. I prefer Vibrants myself. Still plenty loud but has a much deeper, more tuned high performance sound than the Dynomax. I've had both. I don't have the part #s handy at the moment.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Deleting the mids will make your exhaust sound like chit, imagine you bolted a couple of tubas to the end of your exhaust, and when you give her throttle, the gases flow through the tubas at full speed amplifying the noise, freaking disgusting... Dynomax minis will quiet down the tuba like sound in the exhaust from the mids delete, but instead of tubas, now you'll have trumpets when you open her up. I wish i would have known better, especially since plenty of people will say to add the minis to give you loudness, because you can have the pair for $75 :), it's loud for sure with the minis, but i grew despising that raspy trumpet noise that starts as low as 2000rpm even at half throttle, I also tried Magnaflow Magnapacks replacing the minis, they smoothed out the raspiness of the minis, but can you believe the damn thing still sounded like Harley with a pair of trumpets in the back ?

I guess the 6.4 doesnt behave with bullet type mufflers (personal opinion), squared mufflers will fix that (Black Widow, Dr Gas Revpro, Spintechs, Dynomax Ultra flo, etc) , but be aware they might drone a lot more than bullets, it's the location of the mids that does it. I'm running Black Widow Race Venom mufflers, they're loud (surprisingly a lot quieter behind the wheel compared to the minis), if you're standing behind the car, they scream pure muscle without the damn trumpets, but they drone a lot more than the minis, and i mean they drone a lot more, i love it though, call me crazy, i think a little drone here and there just adds more character to the exhaust, keep in mind i don't have the factory resonators either, but you can always try j pipes if the drone was too much for your ears.

I looked at Black Widow Race Venom, and Dynomax Ultra flow, i went with the Widows because i've never tried them before, and now that i've been driving with them for a couple of months, i love the damn things

Have fun.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I'm running Magnaflow 16420 mids with high flow cats. They nicely deepened the sound of my already bassy M'flow 16886 Competition exhaust with ZERO drone. Slight power boost too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I guess I am one of those who like their exhaust sounding like ass. I would replace the mid muffler with straight pipe. I deleted by my mid muffler and resonator with straight pipe. There's literally nothing from the cats to the tips. All straight pipe, and it sounds great. However, this is on a 2013 6 speed manual with 2.5 inch pipe with no active exhaust.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'll be putting dynomax mini bullets on my 6.4 as soon as I can find a trustworthy shop to do it right. Have them sitting in a box right next to me. There's barely anything to them, but at $50 for the set I can't really complain.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
I will likely go towards the dynomax race bullet (not the mini’s)

Hopefully I can find someone that has already done this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts