Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the diablosport predator tuner for my 09 r/t and wanted to ask people who have had their challenger's customed tuned where the best place to have this done is? Looking for quick turnaround and also least expensive. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
from my experiences.....leave it with the standard predator 93 octane tune unless you find a VERY trustworthy tuner.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. If I use the 93 octane CAI tune do I have to use 93 octance gasoline? I usually use 87.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
vtodd, you found the 93 CAI tune best? I was talking to someone the other day that said they were a little faster with the 91 CAI tune before they got their custom tune. I use 93 oct and I'm putting a Mopar CAI in the A.M.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
vtodd, you found the 93 CAI tune best? I was talking to someone the other day that said they were a little faster with the 91 CAI tune before they got their custom tune.
yes, i have had the car of the dyno for 4 hours testing different tunes (with ample cool down time in between runs) and the 93 put out the most power - even compared with a few custom tunes i have had. dont ask me how or why...but it happened.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Thanks for the info. If I use the 93 octane CAI tune do I have to use 93 octance gasoline? I usually use 87.
yes, you are going to want to upgrade to the 93.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
thanks, The person I was talking to was going by 1/4 times and theres alot of variables that can make them change.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
thanks, The person I was talking to was going by 1/4 times and theres alot of variables that can make them change.
yea, the 1/4 time certainly stands for something, but a careful dyno session used as a tool for testing power works quite well, given proper technique and what not. i could make a big stink about the custom dyno tuning i had and what it did on dynos compared with other tunes, but i will just leave it that the 93 octane came out the victor numerous times.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I think the dyno is a better test than 1/4 mile times. I don't have a dyno or a track that I run on so I'm just seeing what the rest of you have found. I think your on the list for challenger fest so I owe you one when we're there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks vtodd. I will just tune my R/T to the 93 CAI octane tuner when I receive it in the mail.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
I think the dyno is a better test than 1/4 mile times. I don't have a dyno or a track that I run on so I'm just seeing what the rest of you have found. I think your on the list for challenger fest so I owe you one when we're there.
yes, i do believe i am going to make it. need a couple more days to clear some work travel stuff up. hope to see you there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
itzrick, I ordered from lmperformance.com all together came to $309 with the USB interface and free s/h.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I have a 2010 RT with the 93 oct tune .... way better than the 91 ...i could tell the difference rite away ... i even read hear where guys were saying the 91 was faster ... so i went back and retested ... waaaay off ... again the 93 CAI tune was the best

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
I have a 2010 RT with the 93 oct tune .... way better than the 91 ...i could tell the difference rite away ... i even read hear where guys were saying the 91 was faster ... so i went back and retested ... waaaay off ... again the 93 CAI tune was the best
yea. i made 355hp/395rwtq with the 93 CAI. several other combos were tested with one "custom" tune at 330hp/350rwtq. 93 CAI is a worthy tune...at least on my car.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
That's the same I paid to the door from Maryland Speed. I was surprized how much some places wanted for them. One place locally wanted $460 without an interface and not including the 9.5% sales tax.
Thanks for that input, I don't know if a 6.1 is the same and I still have a stock Stat. Vtodd says he's is better with and I think he's got a 5.7 but not sure about stat.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
That's the same I paid to the door from Maryland Speed. I was surprized how much some places wanted for them. One place locally wanted $460 without an interface and not including the 9.5% sales tax.
Thanks for that input, I don't know if a 6.1 is the same and I still have a stock Stat. Vtodd says he's is better with and I think he's got a 5.7 but not sure about stat.
yes, 5.7L for me

1 - 20 of 28 Posts