Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 16 and can only afford an SE. But, I REALLY like the pcp color. Where's the best place in Southern California to get this done (preferably cheaply, but not to the point of a horrible paint job)? Also, if I plan on adding hood pins down the line, where would you recommend I get that done?

·
Registered
165 Posts
There is no such thing as a cheap complete repaint. Sorry bud, you get what you pay for and tearing the car all the way down to do a proper job will cost you.

But you can contact Damian at Auto Explosion in Gardena for anything you'd want done.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't understand what everyone means by "complete repaint". Isn't it just the exterior? And how much is "not cheap"?

·
Registered
250 Posts
There is no such thing as a cheap complete repaint. Sorry bud, you get what you pay for and tearing the car all the way down to do a proper job will cost you.

But you can contact Damian at Auto Explosion in Gardena for anything you'd want done.

Damn it Cam...

I was going to say the same exact thing... LOL

Damian will do a great job for you...

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't understand what everyone means by "complete repaint". Isn't it just the exterior? And how much is "not cheap"?
It means doing the door jams and under the hood... all the places that you would see when you open something... takes longer doing this... good shops will remove the door panels to do a better job... and also cover up the engine and paint the inner fender wells and under the hood...

Talk to Damian ... he is a great guy to deal with and will set you up a very good price...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Complete is the door jambs, engine bay, under the fascias, everything you see color and even where you don't needs to be done if you want it to look factory. Coin, 8-12 grand

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
If I was going to completely repaint I would do something completely different. If you just want it PCP, I would save and find a used R/T. Yeah it could take awhile, but be much better off in the long run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts