Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who makes the stipe & graphics for the shaker challengers ? the shop did a fast detail and spray waxed it I think to detail it after I got if of the showroom floor. I want to protect the black graphics any recommendations for a wax & or stripe graphic product or wax I should be looking for in my local parts store ? I am pretty sure the detail guys used a fast spray wax as the job was done in 30 minutes, wahed and spray waxed right over the graphics I am sure but they are still black.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I just wax right over my matt black stripe and they look blacker than when I started, but I use a black carnuba wax. However it would seem that your best bet would be to try a good carnuba wax on a small spot to see how it works. If it doesn't work you can just clean it off with dish detergent.

I'd definitely be looking for a top coat wax that you can apply to your entire car, graphics and all otherwise you're going to be spending a LOT of extra time masking them off when you polish/wax.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, the shaker graphics on the roof have the smaller side stripes that you have to go in between them and the sunroof . I found that petroleum base waxes will strip the protective film on these stripes and now I need to double check any car wash I happen to drive through. I need to find out what kinds of wax, & clear coat protectants they use. some car washes here also use "rainex" the same stuff you put on your glass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts