Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I see there are a lot of aftermarket spoilers for the Challenger. The OEM is mounted with 2 studs, one at each end and 3 "dart" clips in the middle.
Which aftermarket spoiler do you think is a good product that has mounting like the OEM? I do see that they can come painted also.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
this kind of what im doing ... but a lil taller
wing cf2.jpg

wing cf.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
AFR has a new spoiler that I have on my car. I really like it and it gets a lot of attention. It is a bit of a cross between the new Viper spoiler and the OEM SRT spoiler. Note the way it tilts back a bit. Here are a few shots:

Here are a couple from the front top side. These were taken before final painting and fitting so it was not yet done so it has some scratches and a few imperfections... I gotta take the same shot now that it is installed and flawless. Sorry, but this at least give you an idea. I love this angle because it shows off the craftsmanship in the curves.

Please ignore the masking tape as that was all that was holding it on for these first pictures of it on the car.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
AFR has a new spoiler that I have on my car. I really like it and it gets a lot of attention. It is a bit of a cross between the new Viper spoiler and the OEM SRT spoiler. Note the way it tilts back a bit. Here are a few shots:

George,

I like that spoiler but I don't see it on AFR's web site to price it against other options. Do you know when it's going to be available and if it uses the same mounting locations as the stock spoiler? I'm also pondering G5challenger's Composite Rear Deck Spoiler, the sms spoiler, or a used srt 8 spoiler once I get a car this spring.

Thanks
Jay

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
George,

I like that spoiler but I don't see it on AFR's web site to price it against other options. Do you know when it's going to be available and if it uses the same mounting locations as the stock spoiler? I'm also pondering G5challenger's Composite Rear Deck Spoiler, the sms spoiler, or a used srt 8 spoiler once I get a car this spring.

Thanks
Jay
Hi Jay, I know they have had some trouble recently with the website. They were working on a new website so maybe they were waiting to put all the new products on that site. It does use the factory mounting holes so you do not have to worry about hurting your car. I'm not sure on the individual price as mine was done as a total 'Cuda package and my car was also used as the mule for development.

I suggest just giving Steve (owner) at AFR a call. He is a great guy. I also e-mailed him your response so he knows that his website is behind on posting this product.

One thing I can say is the build quality on AFR products is superior in many ways to some of the other cheaper products. AFR, under the name of Autoform Development Group, specializes in aftermarket body parts for all Vipers. The reason I say this is because Viper owners are extremely picky about quality almost to the point of being OCD... So, as Challenger owners we benefit from this because our Challenger parts are produced in the same manner as Viper parts. Very high quality materials, fit and finish. Just thought I would let you know... Best of luck in your decision.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Hi Jay, I know they have had some trouble recently with the website. They were working on a new website so maybe they were waiting to put all the new products on that site. It does use the factory mounting holes so you do not have to worry about hurting your car. I'm not sure on the individual price as mine was done as a total 'Cuda package and my car was also used as the mule for development.

I suggest just giving Steve (owner) at AFR a call. He is a great guy. I also e-mailed him your response so he knows that his website is behind on posting this product.

One thing I can say is the build quality on AFR products is superior in many ways to some of the other cheaper products. AFR, under the name of Autoform Development Group, specializes in aftermarket body parts for all Vipers. The reason I say this is because Viper owners are extremely picky about quality almost to the point of being OCD... So, as Challenger owners we benefit from this because our Challenger parts are produced in the same manner as Viper parts. Very high quality materials, fit and finish. Just thought I would let you know... Best of luck in your decision.
Well tell them are losing possible sales, but saying they sell Viper parts on the opposite side of the OCD quality ALSO usually means too dang expensive also, so prove me wrong and post a decent price around $300 shipped maybe? ;)

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
back in August Steve told me $349 plus 30-40 for shipping depending on location.
Good tell him to fix the site, think he could sell 2 now!;)

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Bigger isn't always better. Went with standard matte black and added Challenger R/T badging.[/QUOTE

Surprisingly the wife really liked it so I went with it, it's not as big as it looks in a photo... and a close friend is an auto body guy so the paint job and install was a case of beer...And the best part is I can always change it out for any others when I get tired of it but for now I like looking through the multiple pedestals in the rear view mirror, the petty ones are pretty cool too but I don't like how it mounts on the rear lip of the lid...the stock one is a little to short on height for me and the go-wing type is T/A style...

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I love the look my G5 Series spoiler gave my R/T.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I just have to ask you one question!

Yeah I like mine, it kinda grows on ya...

I just got one for my SRT Challenger along with the Cowl Hood and I just have to ask this: What is up with having to put the wing into an oven at 140deg. for an hour or 5 days in the sun? Did you do this?

David

1 - 20 of 21 Posts