Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking to super charge my 13' Challenger R/T. I want to know what you all think is the best bang for the buck? I am looking to be in the 450-500 HP range. Also if anyone knows places that offer a military discount?

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I looking to super charge my 13' Challenger R/T. I want to know what you all think is the best bang for the buck? I am looking to be in the 450-500 HP range. Also if anyone knows places that offer a military discount?
I vote Procharger. Easier on drivetrain and motor and I personally like the noise it makes plus it's cheaper than a roots style of Edelbrock or a Magnacharger. Procharger is the route I'll be going after I trade my 09 in for a 2015 or 2016 R/T this time next year. I'll also be doing cam/headers/exhaust as part of the build.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Been running Vortech since the mid 90's, but switched to Procharger for the Challenger since the A2A intercooler was included in the kit. Haven't been disappointed and on a daily driver with 9-10lbs boost - it's actually a lot of FUN! I'm sure any FI setup will be a blast, I'm only sounding off on my own experience.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Magnusson for street RT....

....Kenne Bell for race, but you will need other upgrades for this [email protected] blower. Why not call Modern Muscle and get a Magnacharger, and call it done?

Reactions: Modern Muscle

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
My 2012 R/T is currently at Kenne Bell as a test vehicle for their 2011-2014 system. Hoping it will be dialed in by early next week and they can market it to other 2011-2014 R/T owners. They have been producing a quality product for years, but definitely do your research. That's how my car ended up at Kenne Bell. There's not too many quality superchargers available for 2011 and up 5.7 Hemi's.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Its available just not with the Procharger tune, most people do not use the canned tune anyways.
agreed on the use of the canned tune...over the past few weeks i have been talking w/ Cary at procharger about the availability of these kits...he told me fitment was confirmed, waiting for tune , and none of the kits (tuner or complete) have shipped yet... maybe i misunderstood him, i will talk to him again in a couple weeks and see were they're at...with the help of another vendor , i priced a tuner kit, with all the fuel upgrades to make it "complete" and the price was higher than the price of the "complete" kit...so i will hold out for the ho complete kit that comes w/ an intune that im sure i can $ell, to help offset the cost of a custom tune...please correct me if im wrong on any of this, as i would appreciate any help... Also i would be willing to pay$5280 for a HO complete kit shipped... that would be the price of kit less the value of an intune, as long as it had EVERYTHING, less colder spark plugs, tuner, and tune....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts