Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan to pick up a RT & wondering if they tend to go up in price during spring/summer. Can at least assume that demand will go up once winter is over. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Winter/early spring and late fall usually good...

good luck

·
Registered
930 Posts
Fall when they’re getting ready to ship the next year models. Have to make deals on the previous year models to move them.i looked at my Scat Pack in August and they wouldn’t deal on price or trade. Car was still here in early November. 5K cheaper and almost 5K more for my 2010 SRT 8 trade in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I'm looking at a couple 11/12 RT's that are right at 20k mile range & both are listed at $21k. Price seems legit to me, but didn't know if I'd still find those prices in a couple months when its warm or if I should jump now.

Wish I could afford new...maybe someday when I upgrade. :)

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
About all that can be said about a used car is it will be worth less tomorrow than it is worth today.

Best advice I can offer is look for your next car and when you find the right car at what you believe is the right price buy it regardless of the season.

My 2nd hand info is the slow selling season is early in the year. The excitement of the new models has faded a bit. The huge influx of used cars, trade ins, have died down. These have been sold or moved on. Car sales are kind of in the doldrums.

But I wouldn't pass on an otherwise good used car simply because I thought it might be a bit less expensive to buy in a few months. The car might not be around then. Either it will be sold -- some other used car shopper will find it -- or the dealer will decide to wholesale it off the lot. I've had some used car managers tell me they keep used cars just 30 days. Either the car gets sold or after 30 days it is sold wholesale (dealer to dealer auction).

·
Registered
724 Posts
About all that can be said about a used car is it will be worth less tomorrow than it is worth today.

Best advice I can offer is look for your next car and when you find the right car at what you believe is the right price buy it regardless of the season.

My 2nd hand info is the slow selling season is early in the year. The excitement of the new models has faded a bit. The huge influx of used cars, trade ins, have died down. These have been sold or moved on. Car sales are kind of in the doldrums.

But I wouldn't pass on an otherwise good used car simply because I thought it might be a bit less expensive to buy in a few months. The car might not be around then. Either it will be sold -- some other used car shopper will find it -- or the dealer will decide to wholesale it off the lot. I've had some used car managers tell me they keep used cars just 30 days. Either the car gets sold or after 30 days it is sold wholesale (dealer to dealer auction).

When looking for the RT you may want to also look for the SRT8 MODEL + you wont be sorry.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
think we call that Christmas...

·
Registered
716 Posts
For me what I have found, the best time to buy is late fall just before the snow starts flying. They are taking inventory on the new models - there's only so much room on a dealers lot. They don't want a lot full of older model cars. And regardless of the time of year, the best time to purchase a car (done it repeatedly) is the last day of the month as certain sales numbers have to be achieved.

I have also been offered the most for my car from a dealer in early spring. If its a car that they know will sell and they are looking to add a few to their lot - I have been offered top dollar. Just a couple months in to summer - and no deal - low ball offer. Just my .02 from MI.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
For me what I have found, the best time to buy is late fall just before the snow starts flying. They are taking inventory on the new models - there's only so much room on a dealers lot. They don't want a lot full of older model cars. And regardless of the time of year, the best time to purchase a car (done it repeatedly) is the last day of the month as certain sales numbers have to be achieved.

I have also been offered the most for my car from a dealer in early spring. If its a car that they know will sell and they are looking to add a few to their lot - I have been offered top dollar. Just a couple months in to summer - and no deal - low ball offer. Just my .02 from MI.
Same here. 31st.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Thanks guys! I'm looking at a couple 11/12 RT's that are right at 20k mile range & both are listed at $21k. Price seems legit to me, but didn't know if I'd still find those prices in a couple months when its warm or if I should jump now.

Wish I could afford new...maybe someday when I upgrade. :)
We would all like to have the new shiny object if money would allow but ... smart money says never to buy new! Always buy used - let the other person take the massive depreciation and loss. So, if you can find a really clean car with low mileage go that route all day every day!! You are saving yourself quite a bit of money. A car depreciates 11% the minute you drive it off the dealers lot, during the first 5 years the car depreciates by 15-20% each year, after 5 years the car is worth 37% of what you paid for it at the dealership. Those numbers are from Edmunds. Now this is not true of EVERY car but for most yes. And maybe a better way of saying this is instead of depreciation - to me this is more relevant to cash value. Take this with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Going to check out a Blackberry Pearl RT this weekend....not sure how I'll feel about the color, but wanta see it in person. There's also a black & Tored...good chance I end up with one of them.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,798 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts