Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of all the factory challenger seat options from 2008 to 2020 which are the most supportive for keeping you planted when going through the twisties?

I updated to kw coilovers, eibach swaybars and a scottdrake strut tower brace, and now the 2012 leather R/T seats are lacking support.

Curious which seats would best suit my needs.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
alcantara has the most tuft,(grip) grab ones from a hellcat or SRT will give you the largest side bolsters, etc. Not going to be cheap, even used.
I had 2014 viper seats in my 2015 for a while, real game changer with the 4 point harnessm if you can find them for under a few grand $$.

·
Registered
14,075 Posts
Those ballistic cloth seats used in the 2013 and 2014 SRT Core were pretty awesome but no idea where you could ever find them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking on ebay I am seeing 2015 and newer seats that appear to have more bolster and alcantara/suede. But reading different threads it appears that 2015 and newer models use a different electrical connector than the 2012 models, is this true and has anyone found a fix?

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
135 Posts
Can't answer your question. But I would like to find a set of front seats in cloth for my 2016 Shaker. Not a big fan of leather.

·
Super Moderator
15,091 Posts
Can't answer your question. But I would like to find a set of front seats in cloth for my 2016 Shaker. Not a big fan of leather.
I'd hang onto those leather seats even if you find cloth ones. The '15/'16 are the the only years for full leather seats in Shakers - after that it was cloth or Alcantara / leather.

They're an item many would prefer over the current choices available. Even more so at resale time

·
Super Moderator
15,091 Posts
Out of all the factory challenger seat options from 2008 to 2020 which are the most supportive for keeping you planted when going through the twisties?

I updated to kw coilovers, eibach swaybars and a scottdrake strut tower brace, and now the 2012 leather R/T seats are lacking support.

Curious which seats would best suit my needs.
your best bet it looking for '11 - '14 SRT seats. They all were Alcantara center panels w/ leather bolsters.
it would simplify your seat installation and the SRT 392 seats have seat heating like you '12 R/T as well as the side air bags. The '08 - '10 seats don't have the seat airbags which would be an issue with the SRS system on the '12 R/T

The basic shape and bolster size of the '11-'14 SRT 392 seats is the same as what '15+ Scat Packs and SRTs have - just the pattern of the upholstery is different on the newer years.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
your best bet it looking for '11 - '14 SRT seats. They all were Alcantara center panels w/ leather bolsters.
it would simplify your seat installation and the SRT 392 seats have seat heating like you '12 R/T as well as the side air bags. The '08 - '10 seats don't have the seat airbags which would be an issue with the SRS system on the '12 R/T

The basic shape and bolster size of the '11-'14 SRT 392 seats is the same as what '15+ Scat Packs and SRTs have - just the pattern of the upholstery is different on the newer years.
Cool, thanks for the info. Very helpful.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ive got a set of the cloth covers off of my seats. 25k miles on them. If you have the experience its not that hard to switch them out. Pm me and we can discuss a price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts