Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I really want to get my girlfriend a sequential tail light set but have no idea which to get. Ive read some are difficult to install and dont know much about these cars, can I get some tips and a set suggestion? Thanks guys Im sure shell love um

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I used the Mopar kit, a little bit more money (shop around and you can pick it up about a $25 more). I try and stick with Mopar if at all possible, had the dealer add it to my vehicle profile for warranty purposes. I also have friends who have used the Web electronics kit and they are very happy.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I bought Web Electronics also. Easy install and very happy with results. I did have an issue, but they resolved very quickly.

·
Registered
51 Posts
They are both the same kit and install exact the same. Last I heard, WE was making the Mopar one. You won't go wrong with either. WE has a great syst to email a tech. if you have a problem, but Mopar will warranty through the dealer. I went with WE.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
272 Posts
I agree with each of these post...except the one about WE making the MOPAR kit. Bottom line: they both install the same way (about an hour if you take your time); they both have the same features. Yes the MOPAR kit is few dollars more ($20). But should you one day need warranty/dealership service back there, then they will see an official licensed MOPAR product vice an aftermarket product. This was worth the few extra bucks to me...less hassle.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I did WE twice before Mopar even had a kit. No probs. they specialize in it.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,430 Posts
Don't claim to know what is best, but I have had a Drake kit on my car for 3+ years and it works perfectly. I thought it was easy to install as well. My .02 cents worth.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Have had the Mopar kit for almost 2 years now, with no problems whatsoever. Plug and play so you can always go back to stock (if you keep your original harness!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I'll be going with the WE kit, thank you so much for the suggestions.

What is needed besides the kit? It says the 2011+ might need an extra harness? She drives a ''13 so if I can be linked to what extra I would need I'd appreciate it! ^^

·
Banned
349 Posts
I installed the WE kit in our 2013 R/T, you need nothing additional. The kit includes everything you need. Follow the directions to the Tee and you will have no problems. The install is 100% reversible just keep the original parts. The kit works great and looks awesome!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I recently installed the Web Electric kit. Very simple to install and has worked perfectly so far. Watch the YouTube video first.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts