Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the thread title says, which site do you get the best bang for your buck on rims?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,228 Posts
I have always liked tire-rack.com myself. They provide all the relevant details on the rims that you need when deciding among different types/sizes/brands, and their shipping charges are completely reasonable as well...at least they were the last time i ordered some rims from them.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Wheels.

You're looking for wheels. Rim is the part of the wheel that holds the tire.

You can also check out wheelstudio and need4speed motors, they're sponsored vendors on the site.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Wheels.

You're looking for wheels. Rim is the part of the wheel that holds the tire.

You can also check out wheelstudio and need4speed motors, they're sponsored vendors on the site.
Rim is also slang for wheel.:toomuchinfo:

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
As the thread title says, which site do you get the best bang for your buck on rims?

Thanks!
I have a 2015 R/T Plus and did not like what came with the car. I searched a lot of sites.
I got an idea of what I wanted style-wise and size online. Then I went to Wheel Shops.
I needed to see them up close, however. The photos online did not make it for me. I went to a half dozen Wheel Shops. I got a very competitive price for rims and tires, plus mounting and balancing.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
486 Posts
Rim is not the appropriate term for a wheel, slang or otherwise.

May as well call your Dodge a Lamborghini because "you think Lamborghini is slang for Dodge." :shrug03:
That's funny!
Try looking up "rim" and see how many references to "wheels" you get.
Then look up "Lamborghini" and see how many references to Dodge you get.

I'll give you the benefit of doubt and assume you are just kidding.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
That's funny!
Try looking up "rim" and see how many references to "wheels" you get.
Then look up "Lamborghini" and see how many references to Dodge you get.

I'll give you the benefit of doubt and assume you are just kidding.

"What Is a Wheel and What Is a Rim? Are They the Same Thing?
It may seem obvious, but a wheel is comprised of a hub, spokes and rim. Sometimes these components will be one piece, sometimes two or three. The hub is the center portion of the wheel and is what attaches the wheel to the suspension. The spokes radiate out from the hub and attach to the rim. The rim is the outer part of the wheel that holds the tire. While many people refer to wheels as "rims," this is technically incorrect." - Tirerack.com

But please, continue to propagate a falsehood until it becomes truth, it's the better alternative to admitting you're mistaken. :SM127:

·
Registered
486 Posts
"What Is a Wheel and What Is a Rim? Are They the Same Thing?
It may seem obvious, but a wheel is comprised of a hub, spokes and rim. Sometimes these components will be one piece, sometimes two or three. The hub is the center portion of the wheel and is what attaches the wheel to the suspension. The spokes radiate out from the hub and attach to the rim. The rim is the outer part of the wheel that holds the tire. While many people refer to wheels as "rims," this is technically incorrect." - Tirerack.com

But please, continue to propagate a falsehood until it becomes truth, it's the better alternative to admitting you're mistaken. :SM127:
I believe you are misunderstanding the simple issue.
There's no question that a "rim" is technically not the wheel but rather a part of what makes up a wheel.
The word "rim" is "commonly used" when referring to a wheel. Simple as that. It sounds like you may not have been aware of this simple truth. nough said!

Edit: maybe I should apologize for using the word "slang". I'm thinking if I used the words "commonly used"you may have taken it differently. (I would hope)

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I believe you are misunderstanding the simple issue.
There's no question that a "rim" is technically not the wheel but rather a part of what makes up a wheel.
The word "rim" is "commonly used" when referring to a wheel. Simple as that. It sounds like you may not have been aware of this simple truth. nough said!

Edit: maybe I should apologize for using the word "slang". I'm thinking if I used the words "commonly used"you may have taken it differently. (I would hope)
With English as my third language, I can see why it's such a cluster****.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Thanks!
I spent some time comparing prices on rims and spent my money here on my rims www.customwheeloffset.com when you find the rims want on any site if that rim has a upc code google it and see what sites come up then start your rim price comparisons with shipping.....happy hunting for your rims :armed: and show pics of your new rims.

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
With English as my third language, I can see why it's such a cluster****.
3 languages huh...that's pretty good...not as good as my 5*, but still pretty good! :wink3:

* - for all the haters out there that are gearing up right now to drench me in Hater-ade for my claim, I'll feed you trolls and list out all the languages in which I am currently fluid:
- English (standard; not GB)
- Texan (can get by in Southern when necessary)
- Drunkard/Stoner (though I am admittedly a little rusty in Stoner)
- Computer Nerd/Tech Geek (most begrudgingly learned on the list)
- Gear Head/Grease Monkey (comes in quite handy here on CT BTW!)

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I spent some time comparing prices on rims and spent my money here on my rims www.customwheeloffset.com when you find the rims want on any site if that rim has a upc code google it and see what sites come up then start your rim price comparisons with shipping.....happy hunting for your rims :armed: and show pics of your new rims.
Alright buddy, now you're cruisin' for a bruisin'. I'll see you after school, nerd.

3 languages huh...that's pretty good...not as good as my 5*, but still pretty good! :wink3:

* - for all the haters out there that are gearing up right now to drench me in Hater-ade for my claim, I'll feed you trolls and list out all the languages in which I am currently fluid:
- English (standard; not GB)
- Texan (can get by in Southern when necessary)
- Drunkard/Stoner (though I am admittedly a little rusty in Stoner)
- Computer Nerd/Tech Geek (most begrudgingly learned on the list)
- Gear Head/Grease Monkey (comes in quite handy here on CT BTW!)
What, you don't speak Dirtynese with Mrs. Nuke?

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Alright buddy, now you're cruisin' for a bruisin'. I'll see you after school, nerd.

What, you don't speak Dirtynese with Mrs. Nuke?
That's the one failing that continues to plague me the most - the one language that would benefit me the most in understanding is the one language I am unable to not only understand but even use with a minimum of effectiveness. :argh:

I guess there are just some tasks too difficult to achieve, even for me! :shrug03:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,112 Posts
Rims, I thought they were dubs??

A Guy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts