Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Interesting list, I agree with most of it, but not a fan of the 1971 Charger bodystyle. Surprised the Demon isn't listed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,714 Posts
Eh, for a new list, you'd have to put the 2008 SRT, the Demon and the Superstock, and none are on it.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,714 Posts
#1 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona

Not a fan and the nose looks like it was pieced on.

Not a fan either, give me the Superbird every day ;-) and yes, the nose was pieced on. FTW!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,515 Posts
hmmmm, if you checked the right boxes, could anyone not just order a '70 Challenger 440 six pack?
I would not consider a '71 Charger Super Bee a "Special edition either as it was the end of the Coronet Super Bee, just as the GTX became a package on the Road Runner.

'69 Daytona and '69 500 are actually the only 2 "special editions" as only 500 500s were made (Enough to get it eligible for NASCAR, same for the Daytona). Drag Pak could be, if they actually made them available (in a small number like the Demon) to the general public.

·
Super Moderator
17,261 Posts
hmmmm, if you checked the right boxes, could anyone not just order a '70 Challenger 440 six pack?
I would not consider a '71 Charger Super Bee a "Special edition either as it was the end of the Coronet Super Bee, just as the GTX became a package on the Road Runner.

'69 Daytona and '69 500 are actually the only 2 "special editions" as only 500 500s were made (Enough to get it eligible for NASCAR, same for the Daytona). Drag Pak could be, if they actually made them available (in a small number like the Demon) to the general public.
the '70 Challenger wasn't restricted production, its just that it cost more. It required the R/T trim level to get the 440 6 pack, and at a minimum (with automatic) required 15" wheels / tires and collapsible spare tire. When it was a 4 speed, it was the mandatory Track Pack (Dana 60) axle package...those items added up as the engine was $249 plus the axle package, and the option of the HD 4 speed so that driveline option added ~ $750 plus the 15" tire / wheel package.

for reference the Hemi engine option alone was $750 plus the items I mentioned above.

For a '71 Charger, I'd go with the R/T and you still had the 440 - 6 pack or 426 Hemi options (last year for both those engine options) and the graphics on the R/T plus body color bumper options were available.

The Super Bee was restricted to the 383 (last year of that engine, replaced by the 400 B-block) and it was a package, much like the GTX package it later years where if you optioned a '72+ Roadrunner , the GTX package was required with the 440 engine option.

Reactions: A Guy
1 - 7 of 7 Posts