Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,623 Posts
Nice picture that's for sure, glad they captured the important vehicle in the forefront of the pic.

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,008 Posts
Wanna say I see 5 Mopars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
670 Posts
OP's photo is great but I was expecting something like this.

Reactions: Fawls and hemi1031

·
Premium Member
9,449 Posts
Is that your son's Challenger in the picture? :):cool:
No, he’s in marketing here in New Jersey. Interestingly enough Tesla came looking for him based on his LinkedIn profile, he was still working at his former company and not looking to switch.
He has brought quite a few of them here and they are amazingly fast cars. He did many standing launches and you better have your head against the head rest.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
1,987 Posts
When I first saw that news article the only thing that caught my eye was the Challenger right in the front. After that it didn't really matter what the article was about. :p

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,553 Posts
he named his baby X Æ A-12...which is a common name on his home planet :) He's an innovative guy, but doesn't play by normal rules. He's reopened his plant here in Fremont in defiance of health rules, when he was going to be allowed to open next week. He recently tweeted his stock price was too high...causing it to drop, etc. Oh and

Guess he's just bored (pun intended)

A Guy

Reactions: RobsRTplus

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
he named his baby X Æ A-12...which is a common name on his home planet :) He's an innovative guy, but doesn't play by normal rules. He's reopened his plant here in Fremont in defiance of health rules, when he was going to be allowed to open next week. He recently tweeted his stock price was too high...causing it to drop, etc. Oh and

View attachment 993493

A Guy
I want one of those!!! No Ballistics to trace it! I m still waiting for energy weapons (Phasers) would not even leave a body!

·
Premium Member
9,449 Posts

View attachment 993493

A Guy
I heard the interview with him about the flame thrower and other things and how they came to be. He actually does have a decent sense of humor.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I do not understand all the hate for such an innovative company.
It may not sit well with those of us who can't and won't readily embrace change but he's definitely changing the automobile to a place that makes what we have now look awfully weak.

This video captures it really well. In a 1/4 mile drag race two very different cars get to a near identical 11.7 sec 1/4 mile finish. Both cars cross the line at speeds that will get you arrested on the street.

How-ever.....on the street at far more SANE speeds these cars aren't nearly so equal and that's illustrated here in the video too.

The Model 3 crosses the line at 114 MPH vs the Challenger's 123 MPH. This tells you a lot about which car has the better street performance. The 0-60MPH performance advantage of the Tesla is hard to over-state. The far slower take off of the Hell Cat means the ICE powered car has a crap load of catching up to do just to make the race to well in excess of 100MPH at least a relatively close loss of the race vs a total missmatch.

Add to this win in the 1/4 mile for the sedate looking Tesla the idea of it's being far cheaper to own and operate over time the end of ICE is a lot easier to see coming these days.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Then just to add some insult to injury........a Hell Cat Charger on LESS than the ideal track conditions, you know.....a typical street surface.....it's even worse for the ICE powered cars we like today. It'll all about that instant peak torque at any speed and AWD. It's a combination that has re-written the whole idea of a "fast car" for-ever.

·
Registered
376 Posts
:sleep:

Parrott ,

·
Super Moderator
15,754 Posts
I got a chuckle when I saw that image posted. Note most of the vehicles are probably conventional ICE - there's a Tesla just behind that white Challenger.

It underscores one of the major items - the assembly line workers probably can't afford a Tesla - even the Model 3 is pretty expensive - especially in the Bay Area.

I used to live there (just shy of two decades) and in the 13 years since I've left - its only more expensive. Housing / Food / Utilities are going to take 80% of most people's take home pay.

The 3 starting point is $35.7K (250mi range / single motor) then $44.7K "Long Range" (for 72mi more range / dual motor) and Performance $52.7K (299mi range)

any color other than white is $1k and the red is $2k. Interior color other than black costs $1k and on many models the wheels beyond the "pizza cutter" Aero wheels cost $1.5K

You're getting well up in to a premium price range and then add in the electric charging equipment at home on top of the purchase price.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts