Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

If you have changed your own rear cradle bushings, what tool worked best for you on getting the old bushings out and the new ones in? I have a solid aluminum set that I am about to install and I plan on doing my coilovers and sway bars at the same time. If anyone has pictures or a video please post them.

Thanks,

Ray

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For example.... I know I can take a reciprocating saw and cut around the rubber and pop the metal flange and knock them out and even heat them if I have to... I was just wondering if someone had an easier way...

Thanks again!!

Ray

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
i would like to know to.. i heard it is a pain in the a$$ to do

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would like to know to.. i heard it is a pain in the a$$ to do
That's what I heard.... I think I will manage but hoping to get someone to chime in... I guess no one has replaced them their self...

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Google search

Do a Google search "Pedders Bushing install on a dodge challenger" There should be a series of pictures of a guy that did he's entire car with NEW Pedders bushing. The cradle work was documented with pictures.

Hope this helps :thup:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do a Google search "Pedders Bushing install on a dodge challenger" There should be a series of pictures of a guy that did he's entire car with NEW Pedders bushing. The cradle work was documented with pictures.

Hope this helps :thup:
Thanks... I will look for that... I tried googling it but nothing came up... Hopefully this will work.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Old ones out should be NP. If you have access to a press, the easiest way to install new ones, freezing them first will also help, if no press available I read that an air chisel with the flat hammer end will also work, BUT you should use/cut a piece of say thin wood to protect the aluminum/disperse the hammers blows good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts