Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I’m the proud new owner of a 2010 R/T classic 6 speed and so far it’s got a Corsa catback exhaust, catch can, and (soon to be installed) Volant CAI. I would really like to tune the vehicle to take best advantage of the bolt-ons and to wake it up a little bit.

I’ve seen some very mixed answers as to what tuner is best for this vehicle. I would like something that is canned but optimized for an intake/exhaust, or at least somewhat customizable. Does anyone here personally have experience with the 2010 R/T that can provide some insight? Thanks!

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
My '10 was an A5, but I had Hemifever (Sean) do a custom tune. He's got a great package for a custom tune and a new handheld.

Very noticeable results with the A5, as the torque management was reduced. Not sure what you'll see on the M6, but Sean can tell you more.

Great guy to deal with and do business with too. Now a forum sponsor, which he wasn't back then.

Best of luck and enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I also have a 2010. I went on Ebay awhile ago and brought a Diablo Predator Tuner 7135 made for the Chrysler Hemi's. These tuners are no longer made as Diablo has more current ones. But the company still services them. They have several canned tunes in them plus you can changes some factory settings. If you log your car and then send them the log they will write a custom tune and send back in email form. I would assume that other tuner like hemifever could write a tune also for the Predator. These tuners are still out they and can be brought dirt cheap. JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU BUY ONE THAT IS UNMARRIED TO A DIFFERENT car. These tuners will NOT work on Hemi's after I think 2010 or 11 because the PCM is factory locked.
Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
2013 RT Classic
537 Posts
If you like the sound then go with a CAI but if it performance you are looking for, they don't do anything. And besides you already have a great CAI from the factory, in fact the factory intake is the same place my supercharger draws air from, the left fenderwell not a plastic box that actually draws in hot engine bay air. Before the SC, I ran tests with a aftermarket CAI and the factory airbox, monitoring the inlet air temperature and for all practical purposes, they were the same.. For your stock setup the stock air box is more than enough. Any change will be cosmetic and that is fine but don't expect any performance change.

Unless you went bigger in exhaust tube diameter then, again sound is the main change with the exhaust as really the cast manifolds and smaller tubes are the restrictions. Canned "tunes" are again much more of a feel good rather than performance thing.

Dodge spent millions of dollars to get the best use of the parts they sold the car with. Any real performance gains come from hard parts, intake manifolds, headers, cam, forged piston, rods, crank, heads, blower, spray AND a Dyno tune, not canned, to take advantage of the changes. Remember too, once you add power, then you are stressing the transmission, drive shaft, axles and sooner or later they will fail and need upgrading too.

Don't fall for aftermarket advertising hype in performance gains being advertised. They are much less than on the box, if there is any gain at all or even a LOSS of factory power. if the changes are for sound or visual reasons then go ahead but Dodge had a whole engineering department spending millions of dollars to get the best use of of the factory parts, tinkering around the edges is just mental masturbation. It feels good but that is all you get.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,325 Posts
Unless you are after the look, save your money on the intake. Buy a Charger intake tube which does away with the ugly silencer on the Challenger tube. I did a CAI before I learned they were more look (and a little sound) than power. The exhaust on the other hand definitely helped. Our '10's came with a big, fugly, restrictive suitcase muffler. Not to mention they were way too quiet. I'm running a K&N Cold air intake but swapped out the oiled K&N filter to a dry synthetic Amsoil filter, Flowmaster Force II cat back, and a Diablo Predator tuner set with the 91 octane CAI canned tune. Im very happy with my set up. I've swapped back and forth several times with this tune and stock. There is a very noticeable increase in power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts