Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2018 white T/A 392 with the flat black hood, roof, trunk and spoiler. What’s the best wax or protectant to put on it to protect it, but ALSO keep it looking flat black and not polished or glossy?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Check out: Adams Polishes, Chemical Guys, Auto Geek for a good selection of SPECIALTY detailing products for your flat black application.......... Do NOT use wax.
I also recommend to do a complete and PROPER detailing job on your car especially when new and maintain it on a regular basis so it looks "better than new."
Adams has some good info along with "how to" videos for beginners on how to use their products....... Great products with excellent customer service and I highly recommend them.

Detailing products are like sneakers...... Everybody has their favorite brand.

** Dr Beasley’s that was liked to in post #4 is some good stuff and can be purchased from the Geek and other stores.

BTW! Welcome from NJ!

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
833 Posts
I was going to direct you to some links within this forum, but not only does the search feature suck——it is broken and non-operational most of the time.

I bought some product for my T/A, but can’t remember the name of it.

The picture below was taken immediately after I applied it to the black surfaces.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
9 Posts
Jetseal Matte Sealant and Meticulous Matte Detailer by Chemical Guys.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Scat Pack T/A 392 M6 Go Mango
16 Posts
I am going to give Dr. Beasly's a try. Dodge mentions them in the matte paint care handout that came with the car and they seem pretty popular with the matte paint crowd. They also have a VIP program for Dodge Hellcat and T/A owners with a 40% discount. Send them an email with your car info and they will setup an account for you.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am going to give Dr. Beasly's a try. Dodge mentions them in the matte paint care handout that came with the car and they seem pretty popular with the matte paint crowd. They also have a VIP program for Dodge Hellcat and T/A owners with a 40% discount. Send them an email with your car info and they will setup an account for you.
Good choice and a decent discount. ^^
Usually these threads turn into a “Which oil is best battle" where you get many replies that are mind boggling to the OP so I usually offer up three suppliers and you can make your mind up from there....... The detailing product world is filled with wacky advertising that make it hard to pick brands and nowadays the products are ALL very good no matter which supplier you buy them from. My suggestion is to wait for a 20-25% off sale and stock up on what you normally use.
For example: I use Collonite wax but Megs, Poor Boys, Girots, Pinnacle are basically the same....... and some people believe automatic car wash wax is the best.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info on Dr. Beasley’s. Also they are recommended or certified by Dodge for Matte Black finishes. Their 40% off was for Viper and Hellcat owners, but they granted me VIP for my T/A 392. Got a Matte Black Prescription package ordered. Again, thanks for the info and looking forward to this product line. Sounds amazing.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
A Guy

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts