Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
So at around 200mph, the hell cat consumes ~1.5 gallons/min. Considering the tank is only 18.5 gallons...that gives you a 12 minute window to outrun the police...that is assuming you start off with a full tank. :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
13,400 Posts
Cool to watch the Hellcat's speed but the driver was totally irresponsible by putting other motorists at risk. So many times you see this and it ends badly.

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Yeah I hate those idiots that run and put everyone at risk. And he only got 3 years and part of that was for stealing the Hellcat, not enough!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To bad the uconnect system can't be somehow accessed by police to power down the vehicle.
Hmmmm Even though I don't condone his actions in this instance, I do not want to become even more of an authoritarian police state than we already are.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Hmmmm Even though I don't condone his actions in this instance, I do not want to become even more of an authoritarian police state than we already are.

I know what you mean but a 4000+ lbs car traveling at such high speeds....I would hate to see it wipe out a family in a minivan going to grandma's house.

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Agree, don't want to go there. They don't need to chase anyway, they've got this thing to shoot a GPS onto the car.

https://www.starchase.com/

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
To bad the uconnect system can't be somehow accessed by police to power down the vehicle.
I know that OnStar can do exactly this..so shouldt be too hard for dodge to impliment similar (or maybe they have idk). I know Id buy that option if available, far too many of these cars get stolen, crashed or never seen again.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I know what you mean but a 4000+ lbs car traveling at such high speeds....I would hate to see it wipe out a family in a minivan going to grandma's house.
Couldn't give two halves of a whole rat's ass.

Alcohol causes more problems than the car themselves, why would I agree to this bullshit?

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
I watched the vid and that looked totally inappropriate. Reminded me of another officer that was caught for using excessive force on suspects after they have been handcuffed...dash cam showed him slamming a woman's face to the floor, after she was cuffed.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
These situations are always tough. I mean, for example, we have no idea if the guy was kicking the cop and that is what caused the cop to punch the guy (just an example of what could have happened). Or maybe the guy was spitting at him. Or.... Then again, it could be that the cop was completely out of line too. A lot of times, it's hard to tell exactly what was happening based solely out footage that doesn't give a clear view of what was really happening.

Although, generally speaking, I would have to give the benefit of the doubt to the cop when you can't tell what happened for sure. Will that allow some "abuses" to slip though? Yep. But if you don't put yourself in that situation to begin with, you don't have to worry about it... Personally, I don't know how some of these cops restrain themselves as much as they do with the crap they are put through on a daily basis.

·
Super Moderator
13,400 Posts
When finally catching the guy, and after a chase like that, it must take enormous restraint to only punch the creep in the face.
I wonder what the owner of the stolen Hellcat would have done to him? Probably more than a single punch to the face!

The title of this thread should be "The Fastest Way to Get into Prison."

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Correction, it is irresponsible people who consume alcohol and then drive cars that cause problems.
Oh sure, because people don't do any other stupid shit while heavily inebriated.

Funny how people are so willing to give up their freedoms for safety but as soon as you attack alcohol, suddenly it's not okay and people start making up excuses.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Oh sure, because people don't do any other stupid shit while heavily inebriated.

Funny how people are so willing to give up their freedoms for safety but as soon as you attack alcohol, suddenly it's not okay and people start making up excuses.
Jesus dude...you really like to nit pit and argue. I have seen too many of your posts to get sucked into one of your debates...polite pass.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Jesus dude...you really like to nit pit and argue. I have seen too many of your posts to get sucked into one of your debates...polite pass.
As might be the case, I'm not incorrect.

Really tired of people casual suggesting we give up an individual freedom here and an individual freedom there for some security against some extremely rare scenario.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts