Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to pull my radio bezel. I don't mind getting the right tool (if there is one) but I don't want to scratch the bezel or mark up the dash around it. Does anyone have tips on how they did it?

Thank you!

·
Registered
465 Posts

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
I've done it to install my line lock. With the e-brake on, put the shifter in Drive for clearance, place your fingers under the bottom of the bezel and pull. It's held in by clips, unplug your A/C controls and you're there.

Jack

·
Registered
183 Posts
I used a butter knife... just slipped it into the bottom part of the bezel where the change pocket is, and pulled it forward... it pops right out.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The plastic auto body tools posted above are probably the best way. I made some plastic tools out of some cheap plastic putty knives I had laying around the shop. Either way I would avoid using anything metal. Here's what I made... I just took the putty knifes and cut the blade part down, did a little touch on the grinder and made for pretty good tools for installing a shift handle, Kenwood, and sequentials. You can get a 3 or 4 pack for a couple bucks at most any hardware-home depot-lowes.

http://www.rippinit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/shifter2.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Very nice, thanks for posting the pics. Will probably find those useful in the near future.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I pull mine out all the time, I always just use my fingers.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Fingers here, too. Just push up on the black under it and you will be able to get behind the bezel and pull. The crack you hear is not the part breaking, but you think it is.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Just pull it up from the bottom until you can get a grip on the sides, then work your way up until you can pull the whole unit out, then unhook the seat heaters or other buttons to pull it free. do not just push it off to the side, unless you want to take a chance on scratching the dash (scratched the glovebox door on mine)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts