Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Which Wheels

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you had to choose between the 20x11 Carbon Black Widebody wheels or the Devils Rim wheels, what would you choose?

I need to change them on my SPWB and I normally perferred the devils rim wheels but the Carbon Black wheels were originally fitted to my car, so I don’t know if I should keep it as per the original window sticker.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Blue

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Super Moderator
17,458 Posts
I've favored the Devil's Rim wheel since its first appeared - the dark gunmetal finish is more appealing that the all-black wheel look that's been going on for years

plus the spoke style is unique for the DR style wheel - that's my 2 cents

Edit: 1st image is the Devil's Rim, 2nd is optional Carbon Black WB wheel
Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle part Automotive design Rim
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2019 F8 Green 1320
115 Posts
Post a picture of the two. Some people might not know what those look like. I went with the Devils Rim on my old SPS and I loved the look! They were reproductions, though.

·
Registered
2019 F8 Green 1320
115 Posts
I had some powder coated bronze, so I was able to keep OEM wheels and not go with reproductions. I have the original 1320 set aside in case I ever wanted to use them at the drag strip.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
17,458 Posts
I had some powder coated bronze, so I was able to keep OEM wheels and not go with reproductions. I have the original 1320 set aside in case I ever wanted to use them at the drag strip. View attachment 1037191
that's the T/A 392 wheel (forged) that's a 20 x 9.5" wheel - not the WB Carbon Black (20 x 11") - post #2 has the images of the WB wheels [corrected wheel width]

Reactions: usmc4295

·
Registered
2019 F8 Green 1320
115 Posts
that's the T/A 392 wheel (forged) that's a 20 x 9" wheel - not the WB Carbon Black (20 x 11") - post #2 has the images of the WB wheels
Yeah, I'm aware of that. I don't have a WB so that's why I don't have a WB wheel. It's not specifically a T/A 392 wheel. You can tell the different by the additional brace in between the spokes. I actually thought it was a 9.5" wheel, like the 1320 wheels.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide body A8 in Go Mango
151 Posts
Black Carbon wheels for me. I think they to so much better then the devils rims. I think most people are going to vote for what came on their car and since the Devil rims are standard, there you go. I ordered my SPWB the way I wanted it. And the Black carbon were high on my list.

·
Registered
2021 Daytona 392
82 Posts
I like the spoke design of the Carbon Black wheels, but the color of the Devils Rim wheels

That said....I had the Carbon Black wheels and liked them. The Charger wears the Devils Rim better than the Challenger IMO...personal preference there, of course

·
Super Moderator
17,458 Posts
Yeah, I'm aware of that. I don't have a WB so that's why I don't have a WB wheel. It's not specifically a T/A 392 wheel. You can tell the different by the additional brace in between the spokes. I actually thought it was a 9.5" wheel, like the 1320 wheels.
I refer to it as the "392 T/A" wheel since that's the model it started out for in '17 - it has migrated to other models (even some 50th Anniv Scat Packs had them due to a shortage of parts)

Similarly the 20 x 9" former '15 - '17 Hellcat wheel (only in black) turns up on Dynamics Pkg Scat Packs - there was a Hyperblack finish wheel in the same style that was on '15 - '18 SRT 392 models

some of the earlier wheel styles are being used across different models, which makes it hard to pick one out from the other any more

·
Registered
269 Posts
i went carbon black, but nothing wrong with the devil's
View attachment 1037176
Black Carbon wheels for me. I think they to so much better then the devils rims. I think most people are going to vote for what came on their car and since the Devil rims are standard, there you go. I ordered my SPWB the way I wanted it. And the Black carbon were high on my list.
Ordered the exact same car. Your car looks amazing. Cant wait.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide body A8 in Go Mango
151 Posts
Reactions: Van_island_spshaker

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Neither! Warp Speed in Satin.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator