Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve now own my first V8 Dodge Challenger RT. I’m super happy and excited about it. Love everything about it but it is going to be my daily drive. I live in an area where the winters can get rough. So I wanted to ask for suggestions about what the best winter tires I should buy are? I already plan on getting a new set of rims to put them on for winter. Studded or studdless?

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
You didn't mention where you live, but in most states having studded tires is not necessary, or may not be legal.

I have no experience with them, but people here really like Blizzack tires for winter driving.

Reactions: F8HemiRT

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
663 Posts
Choose whichever:
  • will properly fit your chosen wheel
  • don't exceed 29" overall diameter
  • marked with DOT's M+S (mountain & snow) symbol
  • fit your budget (you gotta get 4 not just 2!)

I've had studless Coopers on the last 5 seasons (beware that states usually restrict what months you can run studded tires) with 2 bags of sealed rock salt in the trunk secured over the rear axle. Only had to open up the rock salt once for extra traction when parked at the bottom of my thickly iced-over driveway. Winter tires and smart driving are the key for me in PA.

Reactions: UP3985

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,278 Posts
Winter driving, Blizzacks are very impressive.

While I keep my Challenger tucked away during the Winter, I've had Blizzacks on all 4 corners of my Lincoln TC and Grand Marquis.

I've used both of these cars for my regional sales job in the Midwest, and have gotten through heavy snow storms and ice safely and with extremely good traction.

Only Winter type tire that I would consider anymore, and I highly recommend them for a RWD car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts