Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Better Empty Your Pockets for a 2023

2598 59
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

· Registered
450 Posts
Sadly, consumers are the problem. If the general public would stick together on things like this the dealers would soon realize the ignorance of their ways. Problem is, for every 50 that would never go that route there are probably 5 that are willing to. I have a friend that sells new cars and he can't remember the last time anyone younger than 35 has ask anything about the pricing except "can I get it for this much per month". Don't mind the 96 month loan, as long as they can fit it in between the cellphone bill and Starbucks runs, life is good. I hope dealers that are gouging this hard go out of business.
Wow!!!! I was going to post almost this exact same paragraph to a different thread. On top of what you stated... I can quote from this forum from different threads (you only live once) (it's last call) (I have to have it now) are shocked almost hornsowgeled that they are 15 k in negative equity after driving it 5 k miles and it's 1.5 years old. I don't feel bad for you, you effed up.
I won't tell any body how to spend their earned money but don't complain When your in the hole after you knew dam well it was bad idea.

You put it right on point I just told a sa and dealer manager to f off for a car I've been after for a long time it's just not worth it,,,well at least to me.
I would never pay more than it's actually worth it gets wrecked , crashed , vandalism, whatever.... your not going to see that money back

· Registered
126 Posts
Stellantis created a huge mess with the way they are doing things ...
Dodge didn’t do anything wrong with how they are doing things; I actually commend them as folks are sitting on the sidelines for months with other manufacturers crossing their fingers that an allocation even becomes available for their order. This ADM crap is prevalent everywhere right now with all different brands. Want a CT5-V?

Check out this example:
Font Material property Gas Hood Automotive lighting

· Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So I’m guilty of pulling the pin on this grande thread, I purposefully just posted pic and let it go. Reason is I got the Shaker 11 months ago and was a 2021 and the 22’s were finally coming in so I got mine for $4500 under sticker and 0%
When I seen this it was shock/laughter that something with a special badge with the same drivetrain would cost almost $30k more then my Shaker😵‍💫 in just 2my… I would expect that a SRT would go for mass ADM but 21k for a 5.7? Not that special of a car for that price.

· Premium Member
11,680 Posts
Remember what Forrest Gumps mother told him, “stupid is as stupid does”
Only an absolute idiot would cave in and buy a car marked up like that. Obviously it would be someone who just wants to drown in debt and bury themselves in a car loan. I’d go buy a pristine classic for that money, at least those are appreciating or at a minimum holding their value.
I have lots of toys but they are just things and I do not identify by them. My house is far more significant of an asset and that too is just a thing.
Just enjoy what you have and if you can’t comfortably swing buying a new one find a garage Queen for a reasonable price or just skip buying a Challenger and keep the money in your bank account.

· Registered
2,297 Posts
So I’m guilty of pulling the pin on this grande thread, I purposefully just posted pic and let it go. Reason is I got the Shaker 11 months ago and was a 2021 and the 22’s were finally coming in so I got mine for $4500 under sticker and 0%
When I seen this it was shock/laughter that something with a special badge with the same drivetrain would cost almost $30k more then my Shaker😵‍💫 in just 2my… I would expect that a SRT would go for mass ADM but 21k for a 5.7? Not that special of a car for that price.
They can ask whatever they want. No one is buying any of these cars much less this one. I think the dealers are trying to push the adm's higher so it normalizes a lower adm. I have seen people on here say I only paid $10k over like they got a good deal. Suckers and their money are easily parted.

· Registered
450 Posts
Dodge didn’t do anything wrong with how they are doing things; I actually commend them as folks are sitting on the sidelines for months with other manufacturers crossing their fingers that an allocation even becomes available for their order. This ADM crap is prevalent everywhere right now with all different brands. Want a CT5-V?

Check out this example:
View attachment 1073252
Hilarious if true and not photo shopped might as well start shopping for late model low mileage lambos at that point. A uris might be a stone throw away

· Registered
1,039 Posts
I’ll sell anyone my 2021 SPWB Shaker with 10k miles for significantly less than that.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Plant

· Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I’ll sell anyone my 2021 SPWB Shaker with 10k miles for significantly less than that. View attachment 1073261
Agree, just tested a W/B Scat with 1500 miles for 63k was not interested in buying but I never drove W/B and I know the dealership. And I thought that price was crazy, with that being said your ride is a steal for 70k😏

· Registered
2017 Challenger R/T
208 Posts
Sadly, consumers are the problem. If the general public would stick together on things like this the dealers would soon realize the ignorance of their ways. Problem is, for every 50 that would never go that route there are probably 5 that are willing to. I have a friend that sells new cars and he can't remember the last time anyone younger than 35 has ask anything about the pricing except "can I get it for this much per month". Don't mind the 96 month loan, as long as they can fit it in between the cellphone bill and Starbucks runs, life is good. I hope dealers that are gouging this hard go out of business.
Not me I’m the ultimate tire kicker.

· Registered
381 Posts
That made me LOL literally........

21 - 40 of 60 Posts