Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do u think i could get a better deal on a 2011 challenger SE (just the base model stock) or a 2011 camaro LS with automatic trans (which is like $1,000 just to add auto trans)?
i love them both so...:thumbsup:
i know that, based on the sales figures, camaro is in the lead for sales out of the big 3 and the challenger is last. so, i dont know if that would play a factor into them giving me a better deal or not. but, i think it should hehe:scratchhead:

·
Registered
402 Posts
I know thanks to autoblog that most Camaro's leave dealerships so quickly that they sell at MSRP quickly. The challenger sell a bit slower. But being a newer year model just being released it may be a little before they start to take offers lower then MSRP. But, if you know a good dealership near you, they may be willing to negotiate (for either of them). [Edit] They are nearly identical price, so best thing is to ask the dealerships what they are willing to negotiate.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what if i told them im considering their competition, do u think that would change their mind? hehe
honestly, i think the challenger needs to negotiate their price (new or not) cuz lets face it, there is double the amount of mustangs and camaros on the road then challengers...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Test drive a Camaro and take it to the dodge and ford dealerships. Then do the same with the others Dodge to ford and chevy, Ford to dodge and chevy. Even if the sales person is with you. Talk to sales persons at each dealership while your test driving the other car and tell them you'll be back to drive one of their cars. That will get their attention your serious about buying one of the 3 and who ever gives you the best price wins.

Don't let them BS you about comparing apples to apples. Tell them your open minded enough know a good deal and if they want to use salesmanship they've already put themselves in a bad position.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I know thanks to autoblog that most Camaro's leave dealerships so quickly that they sell at MSRP quickly. The challenger sell a bit slower. But being a newer year model just being released it may be a little before they start to take offers lower then MSRP. But, if you know a good dealership near you, they may be willing to negotiate (for either of them). [Edit] They are nearly identical price, so best thing is to ask the dealerships what they are willing to negotiate.
In my area, that is not the case. Camaros sit on lots just like other cars. Now, when they first hit the lots, yes, they sold for msrp or maybe even a premium over. Now, that is not the case.

I think what might be hurting the Camaro sales (other than you can't see out of them) is there are a LOT of used Camaro's with just a few thousand miles on those same lots used. I've talked to sales guys that admit people get caught up in the Camaro hype, buy one, and then realize it is a tremendous chore to drive and especially back up or park.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I checked with the Chevy dealer and they didn't have anything close to my Challenger. It would have been a special order. I have the basics plus 27F package and the 20" wheel package. Besides I bumped my head every time I got in the car.

·
Banned
557 Posts
In both cases, I would use TrueCar.com to spec out each model to the specifics you are looking to buy and then use the "Locate Dealer" option. That site shows you dealer cost, average price paid, etc.

Prior to deciding on the Challenger, I was shopping for a Camaro SS. My experience with those was that if you got invoice, or maybe $1500 below invoice you were doing EXTREMELY well. Not sticker, but invoice. Although some places were still retarded and tried to sell for sticker.

One thing is certain, I noticed Dodge dealers seemed to be alot more motivated to move their stock than Chevy dealers, at least for those 2 particular cars.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In both cases, I would use TrueCar.com to spec out each model to the specifics you are looking to buy and then use the "Locate Dealer" option. That site shows you dealer cost, average price paid, etc.

Prior to deciding on the Challenger, I was shopping for a Camaro SS. My experience with those was that if you got invoice, or maybe $1500 below invoice you were doing EXTREMELY well. Not sticker, but invoice. Although some places were still retarded and tried to sell for sticker.

One thing is certain, I noticed Dodge dealers seemed to be alot more motivated to move their stock than Chevy dealers, at least for those 2 particular cars.
ok will i already know i can get the camaro for at least invoice because i have talked to some1 from chevy alrdy. but still wondering what dodge would do for me if i told them that? i wonder if could get a better deal from them because of this.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
I don't uinderstand your point
You can BUY any car for Invoice
If one dealers wants sticker,,,there are many other that will give you any car for Invoice.........................JQ

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I don't uinderstand your point
You can BUY any car for Invoice
If one dealers wants sticker,,,there are many other that will give you any car for Invoice.........................JQ
Regardless of anyone's opinion of which is the better car, I don't understand how a decision between the two would be made strictly based on price.

I would decide which car I prefer, then compare prices amongst dealerships of that brand. :scratchhead:

·
Banned
557 Posts
ok will i already know i can get the camaro for at least invoice because i have talked to some1 from chevy alrdy. but still wondering what dodge would do for me if i told them that? i wonder if could get a better deal from them because of this.
Using the site I linked proves you can buy a Challenger for LESS than invoice. Not knowing your specifics I picked something similar to the 2010 I recently purchased. Sticker is $32,540. Invoice is $31,168 and there is a dealer willing to sell the car for $29,668 which is right at $1,500 BELOW invoice. To get that price, all you have to do is click on the link.

Regardless of anyone's opinion of which is the better car, I don't understand how a decision between the two would be made strictly based on price.

I would decide which car I prefer, then compare prices amongst dealerships of that brand. :scratchhead:
Agree 200%!!!!!!!!! When I was comparing the SS and the RT, the biggest choice I had to make was which one I could live with on an everyday basis. Truthfully both cars are great choices. But I was already leaning towards the Challenger. Then came the big fat 2010 rebates and it just confirmed what I was thinking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts