Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so as a young adult had my 71 (sleeper) Mustang 351C peanut plugs, with double pumpers 4 speed, posi, dual exhaust - hung around with lots of friends that were into Mopar Muscle Cuda's, GTX's, Chargers (real Chargers) Challengers, Super Bees (new Scat Pack), and yes the 1st Dodge Demon's (for those that don't know current is a resurrection)...

Loved every last one of them- always said someday I will have one and now I have ... Glad to be here and will be pickin' your brains ... thanks for having me -

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Alright Zorro!!! Beautiful story. Very happy to have you aboard. You've undoubtedly come to the right spot.

You know what would rule??? A few pictures. And whatever stories you may have..... Welcome!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
And IF this is a CRISIS.......I'm looking forward to more of these............... crisis's.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,066 Posts
Welcome from California ;) No crisis, it's comforting :)

A Guy

·
Registered
716 Posts
I always found it amusing this theory of a mid life crisis. I was on the road for business and was talking to an older gentleman who pointed to his new truck and said his wife didn't know he bought it - said she would accuse him of a mid life crisis. I said to him, BS there's no such thing as a mid life crisis! Guys have always been the same as they pretty much were when they were 20 (just hopefully wiser and with more money). Guys have always loved fast cars, cool airplanes, and hot chicks - that will never change! What changes is a guy gets married and all of his money goes to the family. When he's finally a little older and has a little extra cash, he can finally afford to go get one of his dream cars. Has nothing to do with mid life crises - guys will always be guys (except for maybe the millennials who seem more like girls with their manicures etc... then guys).

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'll second the MD welcome, all of those cars you mentioned (except the ford) were a part of my life in the 80's while I was growing up..... Boy I miss those days. After reading this I may go wrench on my 63 Dart (first A-body dart). Thanks for joining the site Zorro.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I always found it amusing this theory of a mid life crisis. I was on the road for business and was talking to an older gentleman who pointed to his new truck and said his wife didn't know he bought it - said she would accuse him of a mid life crisis. I said to him, BS there's no such thing as a mid life crisis! Guys have always been the same as they pretty much were when they were 20 (just hopefully wiser and with more money). Guys have always loved fast cars, cool airplanes, and hot chicks - that will never change! What changes is a guy gets married and all of his money goes to the family. When he's finally a little older and has a little extra cash, he can finally afford to go get one of his dream cars. Has nothing to do with mid life crises - guys will always be guys (except for maybe the millennials who seem more like girls with their manicures etc... then guys).

Well put Cleve. You never stop wishing you had "that" car, but..... other needs trump it. NOW, when you can FINALLY see fit to putting the purchase on one. They say you are in a crisis. And another thing. I ain't NOWHERE near the middle! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

(and we'll just hope for the best for the fancy lads)

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Ha! Mid-life crisis, my old ass! Car guys are car guys all their lives and age doesn't change their love of cars.

I was 70 when I bought my '13 R/T. I joked with all the folks who brought up the "mid-life crisis" thing and told them that it may be more of "end-of-life thing", if anything. Well, that 5.7 wasn't enough to satisfy me so i traded it for a B5 Blue Scat Pack with a stick! I'll be 75 in a couple of weeks and I drive that car like everybody else drives theirs. I'm sure folks look at me at the wheel and wonder WTH?, but I just grin and think... "you wish you had a car like this!" >:)

My brother, who is 2 years younger than me, bought his '13 when I bought mine, traded for a red Scat Pack the same day I did, and put a supercharger on it a month later.

So, all you young guy and ladies, don't ever believe that age has anything to do with anything. If you're lucky, and live long enough, one day you'll be old.

Don't think you'll have to drive a Buick! :laugh2:

·
Registered
694 Posts
OK so as a young adult had my 71 (sleeper) Mustang 351C peanut plugs, with double pumpers 4 speed, posi, dual exhaust - hung around with lots of friends that were into Mopar Muscle Cuda's, GTX's, Chargers (real Chargers) Challengers, Super Bees (new Scat Pack), and yes the 1st Dodge Demon's (for those that don't know current is a resurrection)...

Loved every last one of them- always said someday I will have one and now I have ... Glad to be here and will be pickin' your brains ... thanks for having me -
welcome, but well if you had anything '71 as young adult you'd be like me & i'm way beyond mid-life, more thinking last new one so pulled the trigger last year on my yj sp shaker. anyway had a '71 340 duster, the cousin to the demon. best old demon i every seen was at our local old car store & it had a cassette recorder in it that supposed was a factory option that i'm sure the duster didn't have. no pics left of my duster, a nasty divorce took care of that. anyway found this on the web & shows the reason my last new car is what it is

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,066 Posts
If it's mid life, does that mean I live to be 114?

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I can't take 60 more years of this!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Ha! Mid-life crisis, my old ass! Car guys are car guys all their lives and age doesn't change their love of cars.

I was 70 when I bought my '13 R/T. I joked with all the folks who brought up the "mid-life crisis" thing and told them that it may be more of "end-of-life thing", if anything. Well, that 5.7 wasn't enough to satisfy me so i traded it for a B5 Blue Scat Pack with a stick! I'll be 75 in a couple of weeks and I drive that car like everybody else drives theirs. I'm sure folks look at me at the wheel and wonder WTH?, but I just grin and think... "you wish you had a car like this!" >:)

My brother, who is 2 years younger than me, bought his '13 when I bought mine, traded for a red Scat Pack the same day I did, and put a supercharger on it a month later.

So, all you young guy and ladies, don't ever believe that age has anything to do with anything. If you're lucky, and live long enough, one day you'll be old.

Don't think you'll have to drive a Buick! :laugh2:

You and your brother rock. Thank you for confirming what I always thought was true. Once bitten by the car guy bug. The disease never leaves. It just mutates over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts