Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this may be Blasphemy but... This is my daily driver and I was wondering if anyone found a bicycle rack that works on the challenger? I really don't want to have the only shaker with a trailer hitch.

·
Registered
16,301 Posts
The 2015 Mopar Accessories shows a bike carrier that mounts on their trailer hitch receiver, where else you gonna mount it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm assuming you had the same experience searching that I did, i.e. a whole lot of nothing.

On previous cars, I've used the trunk mount universal type, and the roof mount type. Without question, I prefer the roof mount. It takes 10 seconds to put the bike up, or take it off. It's securely attached even at 80 mph. You can set it up for 4 bikes and not exceed the width of the roof.

BUT nobody seems to make one for the Challenger, and the roof doesn't seem to be built for anything universal. The hitch mounted ones seem to be the only choice.

My family never liked cycling as much as I do, so I no longer worry about carrying more than one bike, and it fits easily in the trunk with the seats folded down, and the front wheel removed. I have a blanket I drape over the bumper when I load and unload. It works. It's not as convenient as the Outback was, but it works.

The best part is that I can leave it the bike in the car at work. When I had the Outback, I would remove it and bring it in to the building, and park it outside my office during the day.

Oh, and I'm the ONLY Challenger where all us cyclists park, though I did see a SWEET Cadillac CTS-V wagon there last week.

Reactions: usnavyvet2002

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
Googled it...........................Came right up.............

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup I saw that one , but I really don't want to add a hitch. I was hoping someone found an over the trunk type that worked for 1 or 2 bikes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,322 Posts
. . . it fits easily in the trunk with the seats folded down, and the front wheel removed. . .
That's what I do when I go to bike races. I can fit two bikes in easily if both wheels are removed (I put a thick blanket in between). In addition to the bike(s), I fit in my trainer, pump, extra wheels, & toolbox.

·
Registered
398 Posts
That's what I do when I go to bike races. I can fit two bikes in easily if both wheels are removed (I put a thick blanket in between). In addition to the bike(s), I fit in my trainer, pump, extra wheels, & toolbox.
I was 95% certain they'd fit when I bought it, but I confess the first time I was a little scared. But the rear seats folded down fits perfectly with the drivers seat where I like it, so it all worked out fine! It does mean I probably can't ever get a rear strut brace, but I don't think that's a huge loss. And I don't race, so it's only ever one bike, not two.

·
Registered
190 Posts
4 things...

1. love the Shaker in red, that is an Beautiful ride you have!
2. The sheet metal on these cars are thin, so a trunk mounted rack may dent it.
3. Break the bike down and put it in the trunk.
4. Your right, it is Blasphemy! :lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
you could join the club.

I know this may be Blasphemy but... This is my daily driver and I was wondering if anyone found a bicycle rack that works on the challenger? I really don't want to have the only shaker with a trailer hitch.

from what i was told by many that i have the only 1964 super stock aluminum nose lightweight dodge with a trailer hitch!

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Actually, the Saris works, and works with the go wing also. But to protect the paint, I use the super fine polishing microfiber cloths under each foot so it doesn't mar the paint. Road tripped it with no problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.