Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
Dodge Challenger RT Classic
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks, I need some advice because my car needs a brake job (pads and rotors) but I'm ready to pull the trigger on a BBK! I have a few conditions though that I can't seem to get a straight answer on and I can't believe that I'm the only one who has ever had this issue. Basically, I need a kit that will fit under my 18'' police steelies (pictured). I've heard people say Baer Pro plus will fit and some say no. That kit would be my first pick. The wheels are on my car right now so I'm going to wait till this weekend and pull one off to test with the paper cut out. I just find it hard to believe that I can't find info on this right now. Someone else has to have dealt with this. I don't have a real brand preference appart from an aversion to Willwood as they don't have the best rep. I'd just like to know what others in this fix have done. Also, I'm not looking for anything hardcore race spec. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
15,066 Posts
Mopar has a big brake kit that uses the Charger Pursuit 14.5 inch front rotors and big calipers. Since many of those cars have steel wheels I assume they will work with yours.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
"ARTIE" is a Black 2016 R/T+ with Super Track Pack, 6 speed, Ruby Red Interior
133 Posts
The pursuit package is bigger but you still get a 2 pistons caliper. They might fit the steelies. I'm looking at the Baers myselft but they will not clear my winter wheels either and I got the 2013 Charger 18" 6x spokes aluminium wheels.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I have the MP kit on my 2010 - I drilled out the mounting holes on the uprights so the 14mm mounting bolts would fit. I also did the rear cop car rotors and brackets. I swear, I just LOOK at the brake pedal and the car start slowing down. Just yesterday I was flying down a freeway exit (left lane was empty and right lane was backed up) when this idiot decides to crank the wheels left and nail the gas right in front of me. With the stock brakes I'd have totaled the car, but with these I still had a couple of car lengths available. I would call the Mopar Performance tech line and ask them about fitment.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts