xxxxxx environmental car care 299
nitrogen 199
wheel locks 199

total 1,941

Really how is this shit still going on? :soapbox:

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
Dodge dealer in my town charges $4000 extra for nonsense. That's why I travel 150 miles where there's more competition. Yes, some dealers there do "preloads" too or charge $1000 for what is basically a car wash. I check Yelp reviews (dealerrater and other's are skewed to positive reviews) and after reading those and noticing recurring themes you can figure who plays games, who has preoads and who treats you badly. The dealer I currently favor will only try to get money for window tint and paint protection but they won't scuttle a deal if you say you're not paying. Plus they have the lowest prices in a major metro area. Last time I bought from them I was in and out of the finance office in 15 minutes and all I had to do was say no to the extended warranty once and we moved on. One of my pet peeves is when finance guys want me to explain to them why I don't want the extended warranty. But the other types of dealers exist because many if not most buyers don't know a darn thing about cars or the buying process and will just nod through a deal like a good little drone. When a salesman doesn't listen to what I'm saying and won't do the deal my way, but instead runs the playbook, I bail and he looses a sale. After 40 years of buying cars I just no longer have any tolerance for the playbook.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ultimately we still hold the power. No one is “holding a gun to our heads” forcing us to purchase something...yet.

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
The old saying still holds true...."you have to ask" for it. Someone will say sure.

Another old saying holds true....."stick it up your ###".....lol

Reactions: MrMac

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ultimately we still hold the power. No one is “holding a gun to our heads” forcing us to purchase something...yet.

Yes but lots of peeps pay for that....as you say needlessly. I grates on me to even see them. I mean 199 bucks for AIR in your TIRES and a 399 tint job plus 199 for a lifetime tint warranty...I can get three cars tinted for 399 with lifetime warranty for free...199 for wheel locks...lol..all of it is a joke.

No foreplay with that humping and Shania Twain is not in the picture anywhere... :lol:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yes but lots of peeps pay for that....as you say needlessly. I grates on me to even see them. I mean 199 bucks for AIR in your TIRES and a 399 tint job plus 199 for a lifetime tint warranty...I can get three cars tinted for 399 with lifetime warranty for free...199 for wheel locks...lol..all of it is a joke.

No foreplay with that humping and Shania Twain is not in the picture anywhere... :lol:
Yeah man. I get your frustration. I wouldn’t pay for it either. That said, some people obviously are. Either they don’t care and are willing to pay it or they aren’t paying attention when they are signing over 70k+. So to me, either the market is working or they are stupid. Neither bothers me personally.

:icon_cheers:

·
Registered
602 Posts
"A Fool and His Money Are Soon Parted"

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
Unfortunately, greedy dealers like this give the industry a bad name. That's why we call them "stealers."

·
Registered
392 Posts
Preloaded aftermarket add on's like charging $500 for a $26 window tint job.

where are you getting your windows tinted for $26???!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: testcranker

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Unfortunately, greedy dealers like this give the industry a bad name. That's why we call them "stealers."

Hey exactly...and this dealer is everywhere...got busted once by the law for shady dealings...

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
where are you getting your windows tinted for $26???!

I made a mistake. That's incorrect. Actually when I worked at a dealership our cost (materials and labor) was $32 to $48 depending on model. That was a while ago. It's probably about $60 now. I believe we used 3M tint.

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
Unfortunately, some people think scamming uninformed buyers with addendum stickers full of 1000% markups on junk is equivalent to making an honest profit for their products and services. That's a shame. Methinks there was a parenting deficiency when they were growing up.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Unfortunately, some people think scamming uninformed buyers with addendum stickers full of 1000% markups on junk is equivalent to making an honest profit for their products and services. That's a shame. Methinks there was a parenting deficiency when they were growing up.
Don't tiptoe around it...

The actual phrase that's applicable is "caveat emptor". You can drop the false equivalencies.

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
Don't tiptoe around it...

The actual phrase that's applicable is "caveat emptor". You can drop the false equivalencies.

No that's just their cop out to try to rationalize their behavior to themselves. The same kind of rationalization can be found in this example. If a person is wandering along pecking away on a cell phone and is about to walk out into the street in front of a Mack truck, do you a) let the person get hit because "hey, it's up to him to be informed of his surroundings" and hope that his wallet gets thrown your way after impact, or b) do the moral thing and yell at that person to watch out?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Hey look, more false equivalencies!

Maybe I misread about you being a shrewd buyer above? Who told you to look out for the paint protection? ;) Meanwhile, someone warned people about a Mack pedal-somethingrather and got scolded. Amazing the double standards that you abide by; maybe the upbringing?

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
Hey look, more false equivalencies!

Maybe I misread about you being a shrewd buyer above? Who told you to look out for the paint protection? ;) Meanwhile, someone warned people about a Mack pedal-somethingrather and got scolded. Amazing the double standards that you abide by; maybe the upbringing?
Things not going well today on the showroom floor? No spiffs? Isn't "false equivalencies" the latest phrase they teach in Community College to repeat and repeat when one does not have an argument to present?

I'm a bit confused on the relevancy of your post. But I'll play along. I told me about paint protection many years ago?!? They used to call it the Desert Protection Package here back in the 1980s. As far as the Pedal Commander goes, I guess you were scolded and then took offense when everyone who loves the PC did not suddenly hate it as you demanded they do. But back to THIS thread's subject. I'm still waiting for you to defend your belief that the OP is wrong and conning people with 1000% markups for add on junk is moral. Just saying people have a right to make a profit is not enough. I agree totally with you that everyone has a right and in fact a requirement to make a profit on their labor, product or service. Unlike you I do not believe someone has a right to take advantage of people who don't know what's being played on them. Just saying they should have known (Caveat Emptor) doesn't make it right.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts