Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Car dealers are sleazy and will take every opportunity to make an easy buck. Honestly I think anyone with the financial means to buy a new car should know this. If you don't, pay a reputable auto broker a couple of hundred bucks to buy the car for you. I've never paid for any of this junk nor would I. I also don't buy into hype or need to be the first person to buy the new hot ticket item. I would love a Trackhawk, but until FCA and dealers realize they are overpriced they will sit. At some point they will have a fire sale just like they did with the overproduced Hellcats in 2016 then I will see what I can do.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Things not going well today on the showroom floor? No spiffs? Isn't "false equivalencies" the latest phrase they teach in Community College to repeat and repeat when one does not have an argument to present?
If the shoe fits, but cute try.
But I'll play along. I told me about paint protection many years ago?!?
So, you did your research, learned, and made an informed decision? Got it.
As far as the Pedal Commander goes, I guess you were scolded and then took offense when everyone who loves the PC did not suddenly hate it as you demanded they do.
Not even close; there was an argument presented about why it's not worth 300 bucks, and how it operates. Multiple times we stated for the people with 300 bucks burning a hole in their pockets that if they liked the feeling, good for them. That probably doesn't help you hit your white knight quota for the day, though.. To bring it full circle for the desert folk who might recently be discovering online communications, a technical argument was presented so they don't waste money on upsells; exactly what you're trying to "protect" people from.

I'm still waiting for you to defend your belief that the OP is wrong and conning people with 1000% markups for add on junk is moral. Just saying people have a right to make a profit is not enough. I agree totally with you that everyone has a right and in fact a requirement to make a profit on their labor, product or service. Unlike you I do not believe someone has a right to take advantage of people who don't know what's being played on them. Just saying they should have known (Caveat Emptor) doesn't make it right.
I'm not making the argument that it's moral, just that it's business. You, the consumer, have every right not to procure the features and add-ons that you don't want. Information is readily available in the connected world we live in today.

They have every right to make money. It's capitalism.

If you require additional assistance, just let me know. If you don't like what I have to say, use the block feature. If you choose to make passive jabs, man up and make direct ones. I gather you're old enough to be able to speak to people directly.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
No that's just their cop out to try to rationalize their behavior to themselves. The same kind of rationalization can be found in this example. If a person is wandering along pecking away on a cell phone and is about to walk out into the street in front of a Mack truck, do you a) let the person get hit because "hey, it's up to him to be informed of his surroundings" and hope that his wallet gets thrown your way after impact, or b) do the moral thing and yell at that person to watch out?
Or C) Thank God that he took got rid of a self absorbed schmuck. This is the exact type of person who texts and drives and now their is one less of them on the planet.

·
Premium Member
5,314 Posts
Car dealers are sleazy and will take every opportunity to make an easy buck. Honestly I think anyone with the financial means to buy a new car should know this. If you don't, pay a reputable auto broker a couple of hundred bucks to buy the car for you. I've never paid for any of this junk nor would I. I also don't buy into hype or need to be the first person to buy the new hot ticket item. I would love a Trackhawk, but until FCA and dealers realize they are overpriced they will sit. At some point they will have a fire sale just like they did with the overproduced Hellcats in 2016 then I will see what I can do.
??? In what city(s) does this profession exist?

I was not aware this was a service which anyone currently offered. Certainly a good idea and potentially lucrative if properly advertised, but I would have to say it is not advertised very well since I didn't know it was a service which could be purchased.

·
Registered
537 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,314 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
No that's just their cop out to try to rationalize their behavior to themselves. The same kind of rationalization can be found in this example. If a person is wandering along pecking away on a cell phone and is about to walk out into the street in front of a Mack truck, do you a) let the person get hit because "hey, it's up to him to be informed of his surroundings" and hope that his wallet gets thrown your way after impact, or b) do the moral thing and yell at that person to watch out?

Meh he probably works for a steal, erh dealership. :lol:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Things not going well today on the showroom floor? No spiffs? Isn't "false equivalencies" the latest phrase they teach in Community College to repeat and repeat when one does not have an argument to present?

I'm a bit confused on the relevancy of your post. But I'll play along. I told me about paint protection many years ago?!? They used to call it the Desert Protection Package here back in the 1980s. As far as the Pedal Commander goes, I guess you were scolded and then took offense when everyone who loves the PC did not suddenly hate it as you demanded they do. But back to THIS thread's subject. I'm still waiting for you to defend your belief that the OP is wrong and conning people with 1000% markups for add on junk is moral. Just saying people have a right to make a profit is not enough. I agree totally with you that everyone has a right and in fact a requirement to make a profit on their labor, product or service. Unlike you I do not believe someone has a right to take advantage of people who don't know what's being played on them. Just saying they should have known (Caveat Emptor) doesn't make it right.

this...

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well, I'll be...

These are amazing times we are living in!!

That might be as bad as 300 dollar nitrogen....

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
Meh he probably works for a steal, erh dealership. :lol:

Isn't the first one I've run into on a Forum. When I had a Chevy Silverado I discovered that the reason I had no back lighting on some of the interior buttons and knobs was that the subcontractor who made those units simply forgot to solder in a resistor. Chevy of course would not rectify that. When I mentioned displeasure with that on the Forum a member who was from what I could tell in a dealership management position somewhere, simply had a meltdown. Apparently his thoughts on the subject were that we should take what we get and be happy. To him expecting Chevy to back their product was like calling someone's newborn, ugly. I noticed many Chevy owner's on the Forum would complain bitterly about endless defects that Chevy would not/could not fix (especially the Chevy Shakerado vibration problem) and then trade it in on another one with the same problems. There are no fanboys like Chevy fanboys. I think they suffered from something akin to battered wife syndrome. Anyone who was smart enough to move on to another brand, in my case a Ram (excellent truck), was trashed. To me, when you start considering changing your mailing address to the service department because you feel like you're living there, it's time to change brands instead.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts