Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
holy crap:eek: .. someone's getting rid of an Fbody for a modern day chrysler? alert the media!! ;)

lol. God I hope that this thing is mod friendly..
lol, well if im done paying my camaro when the new chally comes out i might aswell keep it, because in the meanwhile till the neew chally comes out im gonna go H/C N2O on the chevy. :D BTW ive have been a Mopar fan all my life, we have had a 68 Charger for 28 years in our family and now mine, but i had to get "daily driver" because i dont have the money to fund the charger right now, it pretty much needs a new engine, that little 318 has gone through 1 rebuild and still going. Btw kool little srt4 man, i got 2 buddies that have them they are pretty quick. :D;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mr.DJ said:
1968 Dodge Challenger|318 Stock|...hmmm? :confused:
Man i guess i was soo stoked when i found the site i put challenger lol. fixed now.;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's one smooth looking car. Those images appear to be legit, they certainly are consistent with the sketch and with the images from Autoweek. It does appear as if what is written on the rear quarter panel was photoshopped in. This is great, it's the muscle car era all over again. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Levoncmo-

No real pics of the Camaro yet... IF that's even what it's gonna be... Apparently GM's still debating on calling it a new Chevelle... They're supposed to be revealing it at the show in Jan (Same time as the Challenger) so there'll be real pics then... but GM's doing their best to keep a TIGHT lid on it until then...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello iam new here and linked over from Fuelslut.net,Iam a challenger buff since i was born.dodge is finally doing somthing right for once,like the 4 door charger,big mistake,but people mess up.Iam buying one with the (6.1) for sure once it comes out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am going to try and attend the auto show in Detroit this January. Does anyone know if cameras are allowed in those events?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not sure... couldn't find anything on their website either... www.naias.com

I know a lot of guys have been talkin about bringing cameras though, so my guess would be that they're allowed...

In the mean time... somethin to whet the appetites: ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
That car does look pretty bad ass..... Let's hope they bring it to production as is.... not sure the functional hood scoops and the big ass rims will come into production, but we can hope.

PLEASE offer a big ass motor.... it would be a shame to bring this out and make it a dog like the Prowler.

·
Registered
1 Posts
those are real photos. i registered just to say this. its in the latest motor trend! im surprised no one knows this!
6.1 srt8 version 6 speed 4.5s 0-60
i was at a friend's house and read this. Something about 500hp but dont quote me on this, i didnt plan on remembering much about this till i started talking to a marine friend of mine (just as i'm typing this) telling him about it (big dodge fan).
Anyways, real photos, go get your self a motor trend mag (or maybe it was car and driver).

·
Registered
250 Posts
FlyinGN said:
oops.. here it is..
Nice GN, my brother in law has one that was done at anderson in baltimore.

I just showed him the pics of the Challenger.. He was about out the door to go buy one.. I've decided that if I have to, I'll trade the SRT-4 for this car.. I love the design, plus, if it's anything like the 300C SRT-8 that my best friend drives in terms of power and daily drivability, I'm 100% sold on it. Sign me up dodge!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Not only will it have just as much power (or more power) than the 300C SRT-8... it will also be smaller, and lighter. And in my opinion, much cooler. :D Reliability should be pretty good. People still dog on Chrysler reliability... but give me a break! Chrysler and Mercedes are practically the same company now, and Mercedes is one of the best car manufacturers on the planet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yea Billy makes some awesome TR's don't he? Hes one of ther best in the country. Ya know his single turbo GN has run 7.25 don't ya??

Nice GN, my brother in law has one that was done at anderson in baltimore.

I just showed him the pics of the Challenger.. He was about out the door to go buy one.. I've decided that if I have to, I'll trade the SRT-4 for this car.. I love the design, plus, if it's anything like the 300C SRT-8 that my best friend drives in terms of power and daily drivability, I'm 100% sold on it. Sign me up dodge!

·
Registered
4 Posts
OMG!... I love this car! If the car comes into production, w/ this styling, its sure to be a hit and a good match for the mustang. I've dreamed of owning a classic mopar, but it would be cool to have a new car w/ the retro look of mopar heritage. I'm saving my pennies as I type ;).

·
Registered
1 Posts
All i gotta say is that DCX better get this one right. Cause if they don't, there going to loose a die hard customer who was buying there cars when it wasnt cool to drive a Chrysler, Dodge, or Plymouth product. Its still to early to call the ball on this one yet. Remember they did the same thing with the "new Charger" back in '00-'01 to get everyone pumped up and then droped a four door bomb on us in '05. And even though it looks "cool" in srt-8 trim the other trim levels look like a detuned 300. And it looks like someone needs to tell them to tone down the Challenger name plate, and it goes on the fender, not the quarter panel, get it right or let it stay dead. But i guess its better this way then plastered on the side of a truck like the Daytona and the short lived GTX. GTX belonged to Plymouth by the way, not Dodge, and there was always competition between Dodge and Plymouth, even thought they were all under the Chrysler brand name. If im proven wrong one of these cars will be in my garage..But i was pumped up by the "new Charger" and bombed out when the production models hit the showroom, that pissed me off..Part of me sees a Chrysler Sebring Coupe with a facia mod and Challenger stuck on the side with a AMG turbo v-6 under the hood.....DCX prove me wrong.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts