Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's official, we're hosting a Two Day Dyno Tuning Event in Austin, TX and this is your best opportunity to get tuned by two of the best HEMI tuners on the planet as well as see our latest ProCharged HHP/BES powerplant wrap up on the dyno and prepare to leave within a week's time to start road racing down in Mexico the end of February.

Who: Open to all late model EFI cars but we'll have mostly HEMI's
What: The best tuning Texas has ever seen (we think so)
When: Friday February 18th and Saturday February 19th
Where: Up Rev in Austin - we've rented their dyno facility

Tuning by:
1. Brian McMahan, Independant Tuner. He works under the name Drag-OnTuning.com which started recently. Formerly of Diablosport, Hennessey, and several other big name performance shops, I've worked with Brian since his days at Diablosport on many types of builds and he is awesome at his craft.
2. (Me) Joshua of HHP - one of the most prolific HEMI tuners out there. With years of experience tuning HEMI's with CMR, I turn over, annually, more cars than any other single performance shop probably out there. I'll be riding shotgun with Brian.

We are two tuners with very similar tuning styles so working together and collaborating goes extremely well with the two of us.

Dyno Tuning Costs are as follows:
  • Stock to Bolt-Ons or Heads & Cam*: $450.00 (regularly $600)
  • Supercharged stock engine: $500.00 (regularly $600+)
  • Stroker*: $500.00 (Regulary $600 to $800)
  • Supercharged Modifed Motor*: $600.00 (Regulary $800+)
*Pricing could be higher for poorly running combinations that require additional driveability or dyno time or on vehicles with mechanical issues.

There are a lot of poor cams on the market and tuning is a time-based service. If you choose a poor running cam with low idle vacuum (some venders call theirs 'race cams' because they do not run well) you will always pay more because they require additional time to have it tuned. For example, I've had customers choose another vender's camshaft because they undercut us by $50.00 on the sale. The tuning was so time consuming that the customer spent an extra $1200.00 just to have the supercharged stroker tuned because the cam ran so poorly and only pulled 7 inches of vacuum at idle. In this case, $50.00 savings cost him $1150.00 more in the long run and the cam didn't make any more power than our camshafts with awesome driveability.

Also, vehicles with mechanical issues take longer to tune. If repairs are required on the dyno the cost will reflect the time involved in the on-dyno repair. Please have your car in working order. We can't tune out mechanical issues.

Lets Go Racing:
It has been brought to our attention that opening track day is the 18th at Little River Dragway that is where most from the Austin area run. (Thanks Wade!) With this being said, depending on what you guys think is best, we would like to plan either Friday or Saturday night at the track.

IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING THIS EVENT
This tuning event is not a rush on, make a quick revision, rush off type of dyno event. We are not rushing vehicles through to see how many we can knock at. On events such as this where 10 or more cars may cross the dyno in a single day, you will pay slightly less money but you can never get a full dyno tune due to the time requirements to complete a full dyno tune. We will not charge you less and offer half-baked tunes. We are only scheduling 4 to 5 vehicles per day, maximum, in order to allot the correct amount of time per vehicle to tune it accurately and safely.

All customers that are scheduled for dyno tuning will be required to make a deposit towards their dyno tune in order secure their spot. We have found that customers who do not make a minimum non-refundable deposit are too unreliable for us to entrust that they will shop up at the correct time or sometimes With events such as this, at all. Because we are working on a tight budget and have incurred expenses up front to rent the dyno, we are requiring a $100.00 downpayment to secure your tuning slot for this event.

If you guys have any questions, please feel free to contact us:

Josh: [email protected]
Brian: [email protected]

·
Vendor
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please send me an email at [email protected] or give me a call at 888-894-1115 x301 to sign up.

Thanks!
Joshua, HHP

·
Vendor
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone else still interested? I have a slot or two we would like to fill. This is an awesome opportunity to get tuned by two of the top 5 HEMI tuners in the world. :)

Joshua, HHP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts