Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BigBear's T/A build (my way)

Its a new year, and im really bored so, i thought id take a few minutes and introduce the master plan for my challenger!

So what I want to do is play a little game of what would chrysler do. Ive always loved the 70' challenger T/A, my #2 favorite car after the 70 chevelle ss454. Sorry guys the chevelle was my first love, its the car that light up my love for cars altogether. Anywho im surprised that dodge hasnt come out with a new T/a challenger and no plans for it. So im just gonna go ahead and build my own. Itll have all those telltale cues of the classic but with all modern parts and performance goods.

From what you can see in my sig block, Ive got the pcp rt classic 6spd. So far I have got the t/a stripes, k&n drop in, jet t-stat and a predator to make everything play nice. Looks wise Ill be going with black t/a hood, black spoiler, hood pins and a side exit exhaust.
Performance wise the usual, cai, headers, catless mids, tires, catback will be the stainlessworks side exit system. The more involved pieces are still up in the air, Ive got plenty of time to think and research cause of upcoming deployments. But they are along the lines of heads/cam if a good one comes up with tuning, Magnacharger or edelbrock sc if that e-force one comes out, havent checked on that one lately, but I am a big fan of edelbrock. In the case of SC'ing then most likely a forged assembly, clutch, hotchkis suspension, and anyother stuff that comes along i might like.

Im hoping to have everything done in the next year or two, depening on how much time im actually in the country, but im in no huge rush. I enjoy the hell out of the car and thats what matters most.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
70 Chevelle SS was my all time favorite Chevelle and looks great from every angle. 1970 was a great year for styling and performance. The 70 Mustang with the shaker hood is my favorite Mustang. I prefer the 70 both Cuda & Challenger over the 71-74 models, and 70 was only year for the AAR & T/A. Also, last year for the Gen II Chargers with the iconic sheet metal.

The main disappointment (to me anyway) was the 70 Camaro, it was OK but nowhere near as great looking as the 1969 Camaro SS with the RS package.

Looking forward to progress on your T/A project...

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@mizzourt-Yeah the 70 chevelle really is the beez knees, I loved mine to death, burned rubber like nobodys business and felt like a shark on the streets with the hotchkis tvs. So much fun to work on too.

@70challengerrt- Im thinking in gonna get those "345 hi output" ones ive seen around, I think thats about what they say. I dont want to be too blasphemous. A modern version will definitely go on though.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
The fender decal would look like this:

BB, Which T/A hood are you planning to get?

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
^^^^^
You might want to consider getting the hood assembly for the Mopar 10.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
Big Bear looking good you have a few choices for the T/A style hood that is functional I would stay away from the riveted factory style hood as my buddy had a failure with it blowing off he has the white 2010 R/T when you go to do your suspension consider going with coil overs that are adjustable they cost but they perform very well going with lowering springs gives a great look but no comparison in the performance side.
The Chevelle's are very sweet rides and gets you the best of both worlds I would love to see some pictures of your 2 rides together sometime :)

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Big Bear looking good you have a few choices for the T/A style hood that is functional I would stay away from the riveted factory style hood as my buddy had a failure with it blowing off he has the white 2010 R/T when you go to do your suspension consider going with coil overs that are adjustable they cost but they perform very well going with lowering springs gives a great look but no comparison in the performance side.
The Chevelle's are very sweet rides and gets you the best of both worlds I would love to see some pictures of your 2 rides together sometime :)
Oh i think i saw a post about that, big old hole in the hood! Sad though I sold the chevelle to buy the challenger:(. It was grreat though, i miss it, but im head over heels for the challenger. Ill buy another one in a year or two though. here she was.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Big Bear,

Awesome project and very cool build idea. You have really good taste in cars. Both your ’70 Chevelle and your new Challenger are very good looking cars with a great mix of wheels, paint, and options.

We’d be honored to be chosen for the suspension on your T/A build. We did a lot of research and development on our Challenger TVS kit to come up with the best combination of stance, performance, and ride quality while still allowing an easy bolt-on installation. We’ve hear from journalists that Hotchkis TVS equipped cars ride “the way OEM cars should”.

RedLetterDodge.com compared our Hotchkis Challenger and new Challenger.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have got the Hotchkis springs ordered and should be here Monday or Tuesday next week! I will definately let you know what I think about the ride. I am excited and have researched all the options and this seemed to be the best option for me! Their antisway bars will be next!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hotchkis is definitely what I'm going with. Front and rear sway bars at least, springs and the rest if the exhaust gives me enough ground clearance.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts