Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been considering getting a bigger better throttle body. Just thought I would attempt to get more info on them since I've been hearing that they do not really had hp or make a difference. If anyone has installed an aftermarket throttle any input would be great! Also which would be better to get between a 85 mm, 87mm, or 90mm. And also any recommendations on what type of brands are good!

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
I would only do a 90 if you are planning mods like a stroker ot Forced Induction of some kind and port match the intake to match the TB. If running a stock intake the 85 will be fine.

My recommendation would be the BBK unit, they are Cast new TB, with factory electronics, better way to go IMO than a ported stock unit.

As far as HP figure on 5-8 RWHP on average gain from the tests we have seen.

Here is some info
Speedlogix | SpeedlogixStore.com

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
This has been coming up a lot lately. I'd really advise you to NOT buy one unless you have other serious mods already. You won't feel any difference driving it around and they don't give much bang for the buck. Get a trinity or predator first.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What if i already am running the predator. Would i be able to benefit and see some kind of gains with a custom tune? Also I am running bolt on mods if this helps any.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
With the testing we have done as well as our customers you will see an increase of 5-10hp and better throttle response. Some people do not feel it is worth the money for the amount of gains that you get and some people feel it was worth it. Its all a matter of opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts