Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating between keeping my chrome clads and putting bigger tires on them or just getting new rims . I like the look of the factory rims but I wish they were a bit wider. Anyone try this and were there any issues with a larger tire rubbing up front. I'm only looking to go one size up. I know that the kumho 255's are about a full inch wider.:scratchhead:

·
Registered
19 Posts
255's are only 10mm (or 4/10ths of an inch) wider than the stock 245's. Not sure you'd even notice that difference.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
255's are only 10mm (or 4/10ths of an inch) wider than the stock 245's. Not sure you'd even notice that difference.
The stock tires are approximately 8.5 inches wide (tread width). According to TireRack specs most 255's are approximately the same but the tread width on the Kumho Ultra high performance all season 255 series tire is listed at 9.6", more than a full inch wider. I had Kumhos on a 98 Trans Am and they were wider than other make tires of the same size. If the specs are right I would definitely see the difference A rep from TireRack said they would fit but I'm still not sure. I don't want to buy them and find out otherwise. Hoping someone tried this already so I could make the right choice. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's weird. The # is a reference to the mm width...a 245/45/20 is 245mm wide...and a 255 should be 255mm wide. Anyway...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's weird. The # is a reference to the mm width...a 245/45/20 is 245mm wide...and a 255 should be 255mm wide. Anyway...
I know what you mean, who knows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts