Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello im new here. Got my R/T (2017) few weeks ago & i love it...can't stop driving it. I already did a mid muffler delete that sounds great.

Next what i want to do is get bigger wheels in the back.

My knowledge in cars is very low.

Can anyone tell me what size / tire to get im looking for a wider look but also for it to sit nice. Can i get a bigger tire on the stock rim that it comes with ? or would i need a new rim. Also if u can send me a trusted source as well idk where I should be buying rims/tires from.

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
315 in the back with a 20"x10.5"+22mm offset works without any rubbing. As for place to buy wheels and tires I have used Discount Tire for tires and Factory Reproductions for my knock-off demon wheels.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
315 in the back with a 20"x10.5"+22mm offset works without any rubbing. As for place to buy wheels and tires I have used Discount Tire for tires and Factory Reproductions for my knock-off demon wheels.
Thank you im actually looking into demon replicas. They fit the car so well.

Will lowering be required? can u show pics of urs?

·
Super Moderator
12,502 Posts
The 315/35R20 would be the same height as stock tires, so lowering not required...but makes it look great! :)

A Guy

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Thank you im actually looking into demon replicas. They fit the car so well.

Will lowering be required? can u show pics of urs?
Here is what I am running

Here are the pics but if you go through the whole post there are more images from other members.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I''m running 18" Forgestar wheels, which can be seen in my garage. The rear tires are 295/45-18 Nitto 555's...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im first going to lower my car with eibach sportline kit (it should lower it -2.0) like this
. Then im going to get drilled slotted rotters & later the demon wheels. Not sure if i just want 2 in the back or go with all 4. Ill have to see what the future holds. Hope it all turns out well.

·
Super Moderator
12,502 Posts
Be aware with a 2" drop, you will almost assuredly need additional parts to get a correct alignment (Adjustable control arms, camber bolts/bushings)

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Be aware with a 2" drop, you will almost assuredly need additional parts to get a correct alignment (Adjustable control arms, camber bolts/bushings)

A Guy
dang so where can i order this stuff & Sorry im not a car expert. I just love cars.

·
Super Moderator
12,502 Posts
Talk to the shop you pick to install it. They'll likely be able to advise is their history shows you'll need additional parts. Assuming they do suspension work often, they could likely source needed parts. I'll list some links, but they are not the only available choices

Either Control arms or bolts for the front/ bushings for the rear. Obviously the bolts are much cheaper than the control arms. Discuss with your shop ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Talk to the shop you pick to install it. They'll likely be able to advise is their history shows you'll need additional parts. Assuming they do suspension work often, they could likely source needed parts. I'll list some links, but they are not the only available choices

Either Control arms or bolts for the front/ bushings for the rear. Obviously the bolts are much cheaper than the control arms. Discuss with your shop ;)

A Guy
Thanks for all the help. Glad it’s not in the thousands range. I’m going to see what the shop will tell me.

·
Registered
582 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
Jack44
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing