Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, does anyone have a V6 SXT with wide tires? If so, can you tell me what's the widest I can go in the front and the rear and what offset? I recently purchased 315/35/20 10.5 25 offset for the rear and the tire wouldn't even spin. And I had 275/40/20 10.5 25 offset in the front. (Winrun tires). That didn't work either, lol was going to need spacers and didn't wanna do that.. I got lucky because NTB scratched my rims and are replacing them, otherwise I'd be stuck with rims that don't fit. I got another chance to get it right. If anyone could help me. I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hey guys do anyone have a v6 Sxt with wide tires.. if so can u tell me what's the widest I can go in the front and the rear and what offset. I recently purchased 315/35/20 10.5 25 offset for the rear and the tire wouldn't even spin. And I had 275/40/20 10.5 25 offset in the front. (Winrun tires). That didn't work either lol was going to need spacers and didn't wanna do that.. I got lucky because ntb scratched my rims and are replacing them other wise I'd be stuck with rims that don't fit. I got another chance to get it right. If anyone could help me. I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks
When you advise that the tire "wouldn't even spin", was that due to the tire rubbing on the wheel opening or for some other reason? And yes, you did get lucky.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey guys do anyone have a v6 Sxt with wide tires.. if so can u tell me what's the widest I can go in the front and the rear and what offset. I recently purchased 315/35/20 10.5 25 offset for the rear and the tire wouldn't even spin. And I had 275/40/20 10.5 25 offset in the front. (Winrun tires). That didn't work either lol was going to need spacers and didn't wanna do that.. I got lucky because ntb scratched my rims and are replacing them other wise I'd be stuck with rims that don't fit. I got another chance to get it right. If anyone could help me. I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks
When you advise that the tire "wouldn't even spin", was that due to the tire rubbing on the wheel opening or for some other reason? And yes, you did get lucky.
They told me it was because the tire was to big in the back. And the rim was to wide in the front .. maybe due to the offset I had

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
They told me it was because the tire was to big in the back. And the rim was to wide in the front .. maybe due to the offset I had
Well those people at NTB don't know squat.... you can go 9x20 front and 10x20 rear 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 I set my buddy up with this set-up running Foose Wheels the car also has a 2"drop using tien springs and Bilstiens this is on a 2010 SXT single turbo car... BTW no spacers were needed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well those people at NTB don't know squat.... you can go 9x20 front and 10x20 rear 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 I set my buddy up with this set-up running Foose Wheels the car also has a 2"drop using tien springs and Bilstiens this is on a 2010 SXT single turbo car... BTW no spacers were needed.
Good to hear. I just order 20x9 20 offset. And 20x10 20 offset .. and I was told that the biggest I can go in the rear was 275. And 245 in the front. But your number sound more of what I wanted to go for .. but I know when I tried the 20x9.5 25offset. 275/35/20. Up front it don't work . But if I take down the width and offset. I should have no problem with that is what your saying ?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Good to hear. I just order 20x9 20 offset. And 20x10 20 offset .. and I was told that the biggest I can go in the rear was 275. And 245 in the front. But your number sound more of what I wanted to go for .. but I know when I tried the 20x9.5 25offset. 275/35/20. Up front it don't work . But if I take down the width and offset. I should have no problem with that is what your saying ?
Make sure they put it on the ground before they test if you have enough clearance. On the lift they won't, on the ground they will. I had the same issue on a 2010 R/T and in the air the were like, nope, don't fit. I said put it on the ground, and low and behold they said... "oh yeah, plenty of room."

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Make sure they put it on the ground before they test if you have enough clearance. On the lift they won't, on the ground they will. I had the same issue on a 2010 R/T and in the air the were like, nope, don't fit. I said put it on the ground, and low and behold they said... "oh yeah, plenty of room."
Ohok gotcha. Or I could just play it safe and go with 265 and 305 .. and do you remember the offset your buddie had? Or is 20 perfect for front and rear

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 20x9 Hellcat Rims with 275's all the way around and feel like for the SXT it's plenty of rubber, and the car looks so aggressive compared to the stock 18's

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey bud, do you find that the inside of the tire is really close to the spindle/knuckle of the suspension. I have 2018 challenger sxt and put on the scat pack wheels stock wheels. They are 20x9, tire same is the standard 245/45/20, but since it is literally 1mm of clearance from the spindle it freaks me out. Are you having the same issue at all?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've got 9.5x20 all the way around on a 2017 SXT with 275/40's. Check the factoryReproduction threads and you can see what works for the correct offset. I know people are running 10x20 with 315/35 on the rear also. Every once in awhile they need to massage the inner plastic of the rear to keep the tires from touching. With the 275/40's the SXT looks fat from the rear though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey guys, does anyone have a V6 SXT with wide tires? If so, can you tell me what's the widest I can go in the front and the rear and what offset? I recently purchased 315/35/20 10.5 25 offset for the rear and the tire wouldn't even spin...

From my research, that wheel/tire the combo should fit on the rear (although from what I understand the 315 is pushing it BUT it WILL fit)...with a couple of mods. First, you have to remove the plastic shock cover to gain about 1/2 to 3/4 inch of clearance. Secondly, there is a small little bulge in the fender liner and wheel wheel that needs some attention. A thump or three with a dead blow hammer will take care of the sheet metal and a little heat from a heat gun and some careful massaging of the plastic and you'll never be able to tell anything has been done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts