·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
305 30 19 all four corners now

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have 305 & push pretty hard on back roads where no one lives & can understand the group im getting & your running a track tire so yeah 305 is a nice tire.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
biggest challenge is availability of high quality, extreme 200 threadwear tires, currently the Potenza RE71R or the BFG Rivals 1.5 S are probably the best , however in 19's and 20's very little choices available, 305/3019 is as big as it gets, in a 17 or 18 inch wheels lot of choices, but the wheel wont fit over my massive Wilwood brakes

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
ps, wide body front already, Fast & Furious Challenger front fenders

·
Registered
438 Posts
biggest challenge is availability of high quality, extreme 200 threadwear tires, currently the Potenza RE71R or the BFG Rivals 1.5 S are probably the best , however in 19's and 20's very little choices available, 305/3019 is as big as it gets, in a 17 or 18 inch wheels lot of choices, but the wheel wont fit over my massive Wilwood brakes
Makes sense. I forget u did a massive brake upgrade.
ps, wide body front already, Fast & Furious Challenger front fenders
Very nice.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,659 Posts
Reactions: moparnoother

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
unfortunately the top finisher, has two championship, 3 wins this season, 2008 Gt500 with a complete front and rear clip, tubular, but as per the rule the firewall is basically intact and so is the floor board, 3400lbs 850whps, keeping it legal, sort of

Bigred is a little over 400lbs heavier and mostly stock like front and rear suspension, stock suspension mounting points, but out ran a 2017 GT350 and a SS 1LE Camaro by a fair margin

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,888 Posts
Looks like you brought a gun to a knife fight :D

A Guy
Don't count those FRC (Fixed Roof Coupes aka Z06's) out! They are some pretty potent cars too if put together properly and are substantially lighter than Luke's Challenger. It looks like they're sporting some tire too.

Lol nevermined. But u could be viper tires at a 345 lol

My guess is that compound is more important than size at that point. I'ts kind of like the 275 drag radial class in drag racing where the tires are limited to that size, so the better compound wins (in two similarly powered cars of course).

unfortunately the top finisher, has two championship, 3 wins this season, 2008 Gt500 with a complete front and rear clip, tubular, but as per the rule the firewall is basically intact and so is the floor board, 3400lbs 850whps, keeping it legal, sort of

Bigred is a little over 400lbs heavier and mostly stock like front and rear suspension, stock suspension mounting points, but out ran a 2017 GT350 and a SS 1LE Camaro by a fair margin
That's a testament to your driving and your preparation of your Beautiful Challenger. At least that's what I think because neither one of those two mentioned are jokes on a race track!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,659 Posts
Don't count those FRC (Fixed Roof Coupes aka Z06's) out! They are some pretty potent cars too if put together properly and are substantially lighter than Luke's Challenger. It looks like they're sporting some tire too.
It wasn't a comment about their capabilities, more the physically intimidating looks of Big Red vs those "sports cars" :D

A Guy

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Have to agree, Bill. I think Luke is doing a great job keeping those guys honest and worried. Looking in the rear view and seeing Big Red nipping at your heels has got to be intimidating... as well as sometimes seeing "nothin' but the tail lights." ;D

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
the car and my driving have come a long way, really want to move to AI, have an old Dart that i would love to race door to door in NASA Pro Racing American Iron series

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
two people have significantly help me get better, JJ Furillo with Ultimate Performance with suspension help and components and Mills Robinson, an incredible driver and instructor, bunch of laps together in my car and his have improved my driving skills, whatever you think you know is often wrong, when you get assistance from a really great driver its amazing how the changes occur and how driving styles can change and improve

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
JJ Furillo from Ultimate Performance

Reactions: FreddyG

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Mills Robinson

Reactions: FreddyG