Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

421 - 440 of 483 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,074 Posts
let play a little game, first person to guess to correct spring rate front and rear will get a Bigred Racing t-shirt :D
850 front and 800 rear

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,074 Posts

A Guy

Reactions: Loopy

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,390 Posts
Is it cheating if you tell us the weight of Big Red (and if you're feeling generous, the corner weights :D). What brand shocks are you running Luke?

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,642 Posts
1025 spring rate front, 950 rear

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
560 Posts
let play a little game, first person to guess to correct spring rate front and rear will get a Bigred Racing t-shirt :D
Well, Big Red's UP coilovers use JRi shocks with Hyperco coils - are they 12x2.5" front & 10x2.5" rear like on Ridetech coilovers? (Who coincidentally also use Hyperco springs on their Fox shocks.) Well, Hyperco's single-rate/linear springs go up to 950 lb/in but maybe you're experimenting with their dual-rate/progressive springs which only go up to 230/700#?

I'm going to guess 800# linear up front for predictable and communicative handling, and 230/700# progressive out back for the roll control.

·
Vendor
12,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #435 ·
remember the front and rear lower mount have been moved outward, there is nearly no space between spindled and springs

since no one has guess it
850 front and 750 rear, and we routinely add 50 and 100 lbs rubbers depending on what we are racing on and size of course, also coil overs at 33 way adjustable compression and rebound

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
1025 spring rate front, 950 rear
since no one has guess it
850 front and 750 rear, and we routinely add 50 and 100 lbs rubbers depending on what we are racing on and size of course, also coil overs at 33 way adjustable compression and rebound
Cool so I wasn't too, too far off. I of course was assuming the additional rubbers were installed ;) and leaves me off by about 10% over.
That has to be well beyond a "firm" ride.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Like a hay wagon with no springs
On cobblestones too I bet.
If you/that car, ever make it to the 'Burgh area, let me know, I'd love to see it in person.
Or Las Vegas area, I can go there easily cheaply due to my parents retiring there.
Any chance on Carlisle?

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,390 Posts
every where we go is typically south and west, only exception is Road America
I don't blame you for going to road America Luke! That is one of the most Scenic, Beautiful tracks in the country! A couple Buddies and I used to go up there and watch the Superbikes every year.

I'll bet that's fun, fast track to drive!

421 - 440 of 483 Posts