Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,544 Posts
Luke, I am not terribly familiar with the TVS2650 but I noticed that it looks like another throttle controller is on the housing. Is that an electronic boost bypass? If so, how is it being controlled...thru the PCM?

·
Vendor
11,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Luke, I am not terribly familiar with the TVS2650 but I noticed that it looks like another throttle controller is on the housing. Is that an electronic boost bypass? If so, how is it being controlled...thru the PCM?
View attachment 980201
yes and in cooperation with Stuart at Aspeed now have a computer controlled bypass, independently controlled, stand alone ;)

·
Vendor
11,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
the TVS 2300 uses a mechanical bypass, vacuum activated like nearly all supercharger system, the TVS 2650 can have a mechanical bypass, however it is designed to be use as a Hellcat sc replacement using the factory electronic bypass

the concept is very simple and Bigred is one the first few to receive this new electronic bypass, the ability to have a controllable bypass will redefine drive ability of high hps cars

·
Vendor
11,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
most supercharger system utilizes a vacuum controlled bypass, the more radical the engine is the more undrive-able the car is, tendencies to surge at low speed with cruise control on, etc

with the ability to electronically controlled the bypass, you can make a 1000hps and have a car that drives like a regular car, without all the quirks of high hps, high boost cars

·
Vendor
11,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Yeah my car was at the grocery store once since I bought it in 2015. And then I stayed with the car while my wife went it. Just saying I want to be comfortable whether at the track or out for a joy ride. (which is all I use my car for is joy riding)
full containment seats, 8 point roll bar, no back seat, massive custom built Wilwood brakes, full float 2 piece rotors, stupid stiff suspension, JRI 30 way adjustable coil overs, racing harnesses only.....etc

this is the grocery getter at our house

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,544 Posts
full containment seats, 8 point roll bar, no back seat, massive custom built Wilwood brakes, full float 2 piece rotors, stupid stiff suspension, JRI 30 way adjustable coil overs, racing harnesses only.....etc

View attachment 980205
I think I would stroke out if I had to even think about parking that beast at my local grocery store parking lot. In fact, I blacked out for a second just thinking about it and the cars not mine. :p

·
Vendor
11,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
daily driver, wife's takes it to work, it's a true daily driver, just about to turn 36k miles

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
818 Posts

View attachment 980205
Hmm, like the track car, the word "Subtle" comes to mind. ;)

61 - 71 of 71 Posts