Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my billboards finished today. I opted for a matte gray metallic, that closely matches the Granite Crystal. Depending on how the lighting hits it, sometimes you can't even tell its there. Tinted windows and louvers are next. Then I will start on the engine bay. Is any of this stuff tax deductible ?? I consider it a form of mental therapy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Love them on the original cars, but have not seen many I liked on the new cars because it just not seem to quite fit scale wise...???

However, yours looks really nice as it seems to fill more of the back panel and looks scaled better. Nice execution IMO.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I usually feel that they are overdone and take away from the lines of the Challenger, rather than enhance them; however, yours are not too loud and compliment the paint very nicely. Some designs are also not cut to fit the car contours very well, but those look nice. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Not into them on Challengers, they are a Plymouth 'cuda thing. The '71 Billboard just goes with the body line on a '70/up Plymouth e-bodies.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Love it, that looks really nice on your gray car.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I agree with the loud statement. It's like LOOK AT ME. MOPAR. MOPAR EMBLEM HERE. 392!!!!! HEMI!!!!!! LOOK EVERYONE I HAVE A HEMI.

A stripe isn't too bad. But some people's cars look like they are desperate to tell everyone what they have.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliment "George". I gave the guy a picture of "YOUR" car and told them to make mine like this red one! LOL ! I could have applied the same color with a clear finish, but I thought it did look better with the matte finish.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Love them and they look awesome on your car.

Reactions: 1 person

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I may have to change the "HEMI" font on my doors. The font I used has a very sharp edge at the bottom/middle of the letter "M" and just wiping the car down has already started to pull it up and I had to take a razor blade and square it off. I'll see how it works out. At night the car looks awesome (IMO). May have to change the font to the one Luke has.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Love it. The billboard looks great and the color choice compliments your car nicely. I think it'll still look great with the font change as well.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
276 Posts
mine with the billboards
Luke

How could someone not like that??? That is one badass looking Mopar! Its also such a part of Mopar history. When you pulled up next to an old Cuda and saw that Hemi billboard you just slowed down a little and got back behind him.

Reactions: 1 person

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
Love them on the original cars, but have not seen many I liked on the new cars because it just not seem to quite fit scale wise...???

However, yours looks really nice as it seems to fill more of the back panel and looks scaled better. Nice execution IMO.
My thoughts exactly. Yours look better than most I will say..

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
How could someone not like that??? That is one badass looking Mopar! Its also such a part of Mopar history. When you pulled up next to an old Cuda and saw that Hemi billboard you just slowed down a little and got back behind him.
Although I think Steve's car is bad ass, to me the execution of billboard stripes is best left the the Cudas.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Different is Good!

I think that it looks real good! I'm all about different, I would hate to, for instance, go to a car show and every Challenger looking the same, the ones that look different are the ones that are going to attract attention!
and that is what its all about in my book!

David

·
Vendor
12,930 Posts
Take mine into Steve White for a supercharger and next thing I know, Luke has the billboards too.....Good taste Luke!

Movnviol: Those are the best I have seen so far. Are they vinyl or painted on? If vinyl, where did you get them from?

vinyl,

i couldnt help it Keith :)

also a few weeks before i did it, went to the rkmcca auto auction in Charlotte and saw probably 30 or 40 early hemi Cudas, i was sold on it

i dont believe in tribute or clones, there is no badging on the car,

Luke

1 - 20 of 39 Posts