Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Nice. I changed out the nose badge on SE because I can't stand the ram's head either.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I agree needed to go here is mine, should turn this into a show us your badge thread. LOL!

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I like it. Who's the vendor?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Different and original, I applaud the initiative. Perhaps you could etch or sandblast the machining lines and then maybe paint or clearcoat the piece to really show it off. The Ram's head really doesn't bother me much. I just don't understand why Dodge put a Ram's Head on a Challenger? So I understand the mod. I also don't believe in adding weight to these Behemoths so I like the idea of plastic emblems whenever possible. An artifact from my auto-crossing days I'm afraid, but good job if you milled it yourself!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm lucky enough to have a machining center in my garage.I just started
playing arround with a cad-cam system and this was my first project.
I don't want to get in trouble with dodge for trademark infringement but
I was thinking making some F/F badges with the production number on
them or anything else thats not trademarked.I've been playing with some 3d stuff but learning auto cad on your own is a steep learing curve.my son
painted the back ground on one and polished the rest it turned out cool. Myself I like the billet look.The one on the steering wheel
is next. Maybe even a T/A one but then I would have to get a $1200.00 T/A hood to match

·
Registered
531 Posts
That is really spiffy. Classic looking from back when badges were 3D metal and an important part of the look and feel of the car. Thanks for posting.

Cliff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts