Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a billet grille of the "horizontal bar" style that would replace the factory grill (not just an overlay piece). I've searched high and low, but have only found either the mesh style or overlay pieces, not an actual replacement.
It appears T-Rex might offer what I'm looking for, but I can't tell with certainty on the websites I've looked at.
Anyone know for sure if this is offered and if so, who you might recommend I contact for it?

I want to get rid of the factory grill and "block" style lettering. I purchased a set of 3 Challenger badges that came off of a 1972. I want to put 1 on each front fender, and the 3rd in the grill....just like the late 60's and early 70's models had. So the billet grille will serve 2 purposes - a new look to begin with, but also eliminate the factory grill & lettering so I have a good place to mount this 1972 badge.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I've never seen any of the available billet grilles as a replacement. All, including the T-Rex are overlay pieces.

You can use the overlay to eliminate the lettering and it should give you a good place to mount the 72 badge. I have a billet grill overlay and you can barely see the original grille. You have to get down real close to see it.

Mike

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yes, you are exactly correct.
I took a look at the TRex one. That's an insert as well. Spent some time looking and couldn't find anything that wasn't an insert or overlay. You'd probably have to get one of those and just put it over, not much you can really do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts