Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Billet Oil Catch Can installation issues on 2019 SP w/Shaker hood

1516 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Rob446
Went to install my oil catch can from Billet w/z-bracket and ran into part of the wiring harness smack in the middle. The can will not fit properly and I do not think I could unscrew the can to empty. Anyone else have this issue?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
1,479 Posts
I have a BT, had similar issues. Keep working the harness, maybe a little heat will make it easier to reposition. Space to remove and reinstall is minimal but it works. Hint, when installing the bowel do not over tighten. Contact with the O-ring + just a little more has proven adequate on mine.

· Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
1,479 Posts
I’ll give it another shot. Also, seems as if I can wedge this in, that wire will be right against the catch can, which from what I read, gets really hot. Wondering if I should protect that some.

Do you have a pic of your catch can so I can see how it looks for further reference.

I have a Shaker and used a lower hole to mount the z bracket which avoided most of the contact with the harness.

Reactions: Southpaw392
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.