Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Billet Oil Catch Can installation issues on 2019 SP w/Shaker hood

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Rob446 
#1 ·
Went to install my oil catch can from Billet w/z-bracket and ran into part of the wiring harness smack in the middle. The can will not fit properly and I do not think I could unscrew the can to empty. Anyone else have this issue?

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome from NC. Pull that plastic clip out holding the harness, it's a threaded hole for the mounting bolt.
Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Fuel line

Reactions: Grinch_392
#4 ·
I have a BT, had similar issues. Keep working the harness, maybe a little heat will make it easier to reposition. Space to remove and reinstall is minimal but it works. Hint, when installing the bowel do not over tighten. Contact with the O-ring + just a little more has proven adequate on mine.

#6 ·
I’ll give it another shot. Also, seems as if I can wedge this in, that wire will be right against the catch can, which from what I read, gets really hot. Wondering if I should protect that some.

Do you have a pic of your catch can so I can see how it looks for further reference.

#5 · (Edited)
Edit .... after a little caffeine I decided to keep my smart-$%$ comment to myself. Sorry.

#7 · (Edited)
I had a speedlogix one for my 19 Scat shaker and ran into the same issue. No matter what I did it was rubbing on wires and sat so low I couldn't get the bottom off to empty it. I switched to a UPR catch can and couldn't be happier with the fit and quality. Perfect fit for a shaker car.

Pic is from UPR website

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I had a speedlogix one for my 19 Scat shaker and ran into the same issue. No matter what I did it was rubbing on wires and sat so low I couldn't get the bottom off to empty it. I switched to a UPR catch can and couldn't be happier with the fit and quality. Perfect fit for a shaker car.

Pic is from UPR website

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks for the input and pics. I was looking at that UPR catch can today; I think I will give this one a shot or try a fender mount. Unfortunate, the Billet did not fit properly; guess I should have done more research.

Also, I find it odd that I have a wire coming from the front of the fuse box and directly over alternator and from pictures, several other Challengers do not. I would think that would be pretty consistent, especially for the same model year.

#8 ·
I don't have a Shaker but I do have a UPR catch can. I just ordered the straight bar bracket which bolts to the unused stud on the water pump. The catch can sits above the alternator. When I empty it, I place a rag over the alternator just in case I drop the can. I don't know if there is enough room with this set-up to clear the front of the Shaker but it looks like it would fit. You don't have to touch the wiring harness with this set-up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.