Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just relating my own experiences with Billet Tech's catch can.

First, it took a full month from date of purchase to date of delivery...yeah, they have a disclaimer and say they have to build them from order, but an entire month?

Second, I bought mine with the Z bracket and the anodized hose ends. I was under the impression the hose ends would have some kind of clamp built into them...no, they are only decorative and are a waste of money.

The Z bracket places the catch can up front in a area with lots of clearance, but at a 90 degree angle to where the hoses from the engine have to make sharp angles to attach to the catch can. I solved this problem by purchasing an extra elbow fitting at Home Depot.

Looks like a quality piece of engineering, and I'm looking forward to seeing the muck getting trapped in the can instead of getting into the engine

·
Mumber
389 Posts
I bought the Stack Performance catch can and used Billet techs Z-bracket. The fit and finish and overall design of this catch can is I superior. Just the screen protection alone makes their unit proper in my eyes. It is made from laser cut stainless and attaches with two button head cap screws. They have a full set of caps for the rest of the engine bay as well.
The Z-bracket is better than S/Ps stamped steel mount though. It made the perfect set-up!

I also had mine in three days from coast to coast.

I don't like to wait either!

Cheers

·
Registered
92 Posts
My BT catch can only took 2 weeks from order placement to delivery. I also agree they seem to be of quality. I mounted it to the engine stud, but it's really cramped. I will probably end up getting the fender bracket.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here is my before and after. The last picture shows how there is not enough clearance for the hose so it will crimp a little. In my opinion, I would like to see BT come out with an elbow to eliminate this problem. However I don't think it affects the catch can much if at all.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Got my Billet Technology can two days ago, only took about 8 minutes to install. I agree this is one top notch product.

I want to install REAL braided lines in place of the rubber hoses. Any ideas how to connect an AN6 braided hose to the PCV valve? The rest of the plumbing should be a piece of cake...

I feel safe giving the 93 octane Predator tune a whirl now. Starting on the ZEX Nitrous installation now.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Here's how I installed my catch can: I bought the braided lines from Speedlogix. To make the connection to the PCV, I cut a 1-1/2" piece of the original hose, then connected a 3/8" x 3/8" brass 90* compression-to-compression fitting bought at the hardware store (toss the nuts and ferrules). Negates any chance of a hose kink and the threaded ends of the brass fitting fit snug into the hose, like a barbed fitting. No clamps needed.

Here's a more recent shot with the clear catch can bottom and more BT stuff. Radiator hose from Summit Racing (someone will ask).

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
The 90 degree fitting should work great, thanks for the idea. May have to get creative with the routing of the bottom hose as I'm using the Z-bracket.

Also, I'm planning to use real braided lines with AN6 fittings, not braided lines with clamps at the ends. To me it just looks more serious with real braided lines.

Here's a link to the braided lines I did for the Ram SRT10 catch can...
How To: Braided Steel Hoses - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum

Reactions: FreddyG

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,643 Posts
The 90 degree fitting should work great, thanks for the idea. May have to get creative with the routing of the bottom hose as I'm using the Z-bracket.

Also, I'm planning to use real braided lines with AN6 fittings, not braided lines with clamps at the ends. To me it just looks more serious with real braided lines.

Here's a link to the braided lines I did for the Ram SRT10 catch can...
How To: Braided Steel Hoses - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum
Thanks for the link! :smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.