Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installation on this was straight forward, I took a small flat blade screw driver and braced the underside of the blade with a plastic card I had laying around as I pried on the underside of the factory insert...first few tries seperated the metal FUEL disc from the plastic chip-like plug underneath and then it took a few more (delicate) prys to seperate the plastic from the door.

A little cleaning with some ronsonal (to remove the adhesive) and a wipe down with invisible glass cleaner prepped the surface for the new CHALLENGER emblem.

The new insert fits perfectly, it's nice and solid and appears to be of quality craftsmanship. I have the shifter plate as well, but they sent me one that matches my gas door emblem instead of a full etch R/T that I ordered, so it'll be a few weeks before I receive the corrected replacement to install.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Installation on this was straight forward, I took a small flat blade screw driver and braced the underside of the blade with a plastic card I had laying around as I pried on the underside of the factory insert...first few tries seperated the metal FUEL disc from the plastic chip-like plug underneath and then it took a few more (delicate) prys to seperate the plastic from the door.

A little cleaning with some ronsonal (to remove the adhesive) and a wipe down with invisible glass cleaner prepped the surface for the new CHALLENGER emblem.

The new insert fits perfectly, it's nice and solid and appears to be of quality craftsmanship. I have the shifter plate as well, but they sent me one that matches my gas door emblem instead of a full etch R/T that I ordered, so it'll be a few weeks before I receive the corrected replacement to install.
Great Explanation on the removal process ! :bigthumb:
B.T. does do quality work I have lots of their stuff.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just want Mopar fuel door insert, not the whole fuel door ^^. I couldn't find it at billet, well not the colored one.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Thats the one off the mopar 10, not from bt. They can probably be ordered from your dealer. Would need a part number though I'm sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts