Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am willing to buy a catch can, which one would be better for my SRT392?

Shall I go with the catch can for HellCat for better performance or a normal SRT392 one would do equal performance in my car? Please let me know and share the product in email which I need to buy, that is ultimate fit for my Dodge Challenger SRT392 in terms of performance. Also which bracket would be the best to add in terms of ease to empty the can at intervals. Please let me know.

Links below for HellCat catch can:
Hellcat Oil Catch Can

Links for SRT392 catch can:
Billet Technology Signature Series Catch Can For 392 HEMI (Charger, Challenger, 300)

Should I go for air oil separator instead of Catch can? What do you recommend? I am going to order today, so any last minute feedback for me please?

Thanks
Alien.:boohoo:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Either should be fine. You shouldn't need special catch can.. They do the same thing.

Only cconcern is the hose lengths. Check those.

Go with z bracket.. Much easier go grip the can to un screw

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Weird.. My first reply does it show it posted.

Go with any catch can. Just make sure your hoses are long enough.. Also go with Z bracket. Easiest to me to grip all around to unscrew and empty.

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Either should be fine. You shouldn't need special catch can.. They do the same thing.

Only cconcern is the hose lengths. Check those.

Go with z bracket.. Much easier go grip the can to un screw

Thank you Stoviaz for your inputs. I will go with SRT392 one.

Also, Should I go for air oil separator instead of Catch can? What do you recommend? I am going to order today, so any last minute feedback for me please?

Also do I need to add a Breather to it, or not required?

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Go with the catch can made for your car. The only difference is the mounting bracket, so the Hellcat catch can bracket probably won't fit on your engine.

There is no need for a breather. If you let it breath, smelly air will get out, and if you have the vent on, you'll smell it inside the car.

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go with the catch can made for your car. The only difference is the mounting bracket, so the Hellcat catch can bracket probably won't fit on your engine.

There is no need for a breather. If you let it breath, smelly air will get out, and if you have the vent on, you'll smell it inside the car.
So why is the breather used and why many people add them ? Can you kindly let me know.

Also while I was checking the JLT Air Oil separator catch can, it is asking me to choose one from passenger side or driver side. What is the difference? Which one should I take. Is JLT a good one to go with?

Among JLT, Speedlogix, BT, UPR.... which one would be the best one. I asked BT, they would take 5-6 weeks for black catch can. :(

Please help.

·
Registered
255 Posts
First, it's a catch can... don't over think this. :wink3:

Second, I got my catch can from BT. It is a nice piece and it came just as I ordered it. BUT, I think mine took closer to 2 1/2 months to arrive at my door. I also ordered in December and the holidays supposedly got them behind. If I were to do it over, I'd probably just get one from Speedlogix and call it good.

I bet they all perform about the same in a typical street driven Challenger. If you were talking max performance/race only, then maybe it's worth seeing which one is optimal.

·
Registered
80 Posts
First, it's a catch can... don't over think this. :wink3:

Second, I got my catch can from BT. It is a nice piece and it came just as I ordered it. BUT, I think mine took closer to 2 1/2 months to arrive at my door. I also ordered in December and the holidays supposedly got them behind. If I were to do it over, I'd probably just get one from Speedlogix and call it good.

I bet they all perform about the same in a typical street driven Challenger. If you were talking max performance/race only, then maybe it's worth seeing which one is optimal.
I know I'm going to come across as a speedlogix fanboy here but speedlogix does have a challenger that they race and rally I believe that they put their own products on I am unaware of BT having the same. However that being said BT products used to be sold by speedlogix I'm not sure where along the lines they decided that we were going to split ways but they have and now they sell separately who used to be able to buy the BT catch can from speedlogix

1 - 9 of 9 Posts