Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has tried the Anodized Billet Under Hood kits on their cars. I have a BWB Rt Classic and I was thinking of getting one but I have an engine cover with a DWB center and black 5.7 HIMI logo on it. Are their blue ones DWB or B5 or something in between? Thanks for any help.
Rick

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
I just ordered the kit along with a bunch of other things. I don't have them yet so, I can say this what I have got from them is beyond top quality. Very Very good stuff. You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has tried the Anodized Billet Under Hood kits on their cars. I have a BWB Rt Classic and I was thinking of getting one but I have an engine cover with a DWB center and black 5.7 HIMI logo on it. Are their blue ones DWB or B5 or something in between? Thanks for any help.
Rick
I bought the black incert for engine cover which is DWB and got oil cap, dip stick,blue catch can and I ordered rest of under the hood kits to finish it off I hope ,also order the peddle set in blue with R/T engrabed in them, next I am removing cooling tank to have it painted blue and am looking for abs cover.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the black incert for engine cover which is DWB and got oil cap, dip stick,blue catch can and I ordered rest of under the hood kits to finish it off I hope ,also order the peddle set in blue with R/T engrabed in them
Thanks for the inputs so far. I've got the MOPAR kit that has crome pedals so I won't need that part.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have many of the Billet under the hood dress up accessories ,Mine are the polished finish and I am very happy with them. Most recent Billet acessory was a weapons control panel for My center console, They did a great job. 2010 Plum Crazy RT Classic.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I also have many BT pieces under the hood. All are excellent quality! All are clear satin anodized with the exception of the coolant cap. I had that red anodized to match the coolant. On the interior, I used the black anodized "Designer Series" pieces. The door locks make a cool metallic sound when they lock.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I have the blue anodized stuff on my DWB. Check out the link in my signature for more shots. The stuff is a lighter blue, but still looks good.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the blue anodized stuff on my DWB. Check out the link in my signature for more shots. The stuff is a lighter blue, but still looks good.
I,ve got a differant engine cover than that. Mine is only painted in the center and has 5.7 V8 in black. The rest of it's gray except the HIMI in silver. It don't have the mopar and the other stuff yours does. I also don't have a CAI yet. I keep hearing everyone say the K&N drop in I have is just as good, but someday I'll get one anyway. I sent them (Billet) an email a little bit ago about if they think it would be better with blue or black. If you get board look at my pics and see what you think. Thanks

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I got the "combo" pack plus the fuse box cover in polished. It's all the OEM design except for the fuse box cover which says Mopar. Top quality stuff, looks beautiful!

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks
I ordered the anodized black under hood kit with Rt on it. Billet emailed me back and said the blue was just normal blue, so I was afraid it wouldn't go right with the DWB engine cover center or the CAI if I get the Mopar one I plan on.
I'm not sure what the fuse box cover your talking about is. I know when I got the engine cover RPI had fuse box covers that were DWB but didn't say Mopar on it like I think you said yours does.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I debated the Anodized but ended up with the shiney stuff instead.
I am more than salisfied with the product Billet Tech puts out.
Here's a pic of the Shiney stuff............

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To give your car a nice custom look, I would consider a BT owner name plate. I ordered mine with the black anodized radiator dress-up kit.
I think the radiator cap cover was part of the kit I ordered but not nameplate. I might need to check into that. I also saw someone that was selling their RT and listed a bunch of other Billet stuff that sounded neat I need to look at. It looks like they are going to put me in the poor house..LOL

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Thanks
I ordered the anodized black under hood kit with Rt on it. Billet emailed me back and said the blue was just normal blue, so I was afraid it wouldn't go right with the DWB engine cover center or the CAI if I get the Mopar one I plan on.
I'm not sure what the fuse box cover your talking about is. I know when I got the engine cover RPI had fuse box covers that were DWB but didn't say Mopar on it like I think you said yours does.
Didn't get an engine cover (custom painting mine). Here's the combo pack I got, but in polished (like chrome): Billet Under Hood Engine Kit (2.7L 3.5L 5.7L 6.1L). Here's the fuse box cover: Billet Fuse Box Cover

Very nice quality and solid.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's the underhood kit I got only anodized Black. The engine cover I got from RPI last month. If I'ld have seen first Speedys article on painting the covers I would have done it differant, Still need to figure out the rest.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just an update. I ordered the kit and it said on the site 4-5 weeks to get them. I had them in the mail in 1 week. I just put them on and they look great. I don't know what Dodge was thinking with the yellow dip stick, washer fluid cap and lettering on oil filler cap. Now I just need to figure out if I should get the RPI or another fuse box cover and talk miyself into the Mopar CAI that I want but everyone says is worthless.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts