Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought from Billet Tech. a Pair of Valve covers. The valve covers are machined out of Solid Al. Where as the OEM covers are plastic. I had the Valve covers Power coated ( HEMI Orange ) they look great.
It took me hours to remove the 20 bolts holding the OEM covers in place but that was the easy part. The OEM covers just clear the Rockers where as the Billet covers are designed such that after market rockers could be installed. Where the OEM covers are rounded the Billet covers are square that difference made it impossible to install them with out disconnecting hoses wiring and removing parts. I have had to move and re-arrange hoses and wiring as with the valve cover rubber seal the valve covers have to be set in place ( sliding the covers dislodges the rubber seal ) The big problem was clearing the rockers while moving the covers in place

·
Registered
221 Posts
The OE valve covers are made out of a composite material, I wouldn't call them plastic. Let's see some pics!

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Progress

Well here is an up-date on my Billet Technology Valve cover install. When I first tried to install the valve covers I removed some parts and moved some hoses & electrical harnesses well I did a poor job in that I did not move things enough and tried to force the valve covers in place in the process the rubber gasket rolled out of the grove and I scratched up the covers big time. So I moved things a lot more untill I could get the ( scratched )covers in place and the gaskets stayed in the grove. Since the Billet Valve covers not only perform a physical function but are also suppose to add to the appearance I had the valve covers re-power coated ( HEMI Orange ). I got the re-coated covers back today. I still had to do some moving of hoses but the Drivers side valve cover is in place and looking good. If some one can tell me how to add pictures I will

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well here is an up-date on my Billet Technology Valve cover install. When I first tried to install the valve covers I removed some parts and moved some hoses & electrical harnesses well I did a poor job in that I did not move things enough and tried to force the valve covers in place in the process the rubber gasket rolled out of the grove and I scratched up the covers big time. So I moved things a lot more untill I could get the ( scratched )covers in place and the gaskets stayed in the grove. Since the Billet Valve covers not only perform a physical function but are also suppose to add to the appearance I had the valve covers re-power coated ( HEMI Orange ). I got the re-coated covers back today. I still had to do some moving of hoses but the Drivers side valve cover is in place and looking good. If some one can tell me how to add pictures I will
I will try to explain how to post pics.
I am going to assume you have pics you want to use on your computer.
When starting a new thread or editing your existing one, go all the to the bottom of the page to a box called
Advanced options, click on the box Manage Attachments., Another box will pop open
The buttons on that one will say Browse, Click on that and files from your computer will open. pick one picture at a time. and it will populate the box next to the browse button.
After that click the upload button. I think you will see when its complete. it will then tell you, you can close the window.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

I will try to explain how to post pics.
I am going to assume you have pics you want to use on your computer.
When starting a new thread or editing your existing one, go all the to the bottom of the page to a box called
Advanced options, click on the box Manage Attachments., Another box will pop open
The buttons on that one will say Browse, Click on that and files from your computer will open. pick one picture at a time. and it will populate the box next to the browse button.
After that click the upload button. I think you will see when its complete. it will then tell you, you can close the window.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Larry5061 I will give it a try

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
You can also upload your photos to a photosharing site like photobucket. The photosharing site will have a box at each picture that will allow you to copy the http// link of the photo. Then go this advanced section and click on the little yellow box with the mountain in it. Paste your previously copied http// link there and hit enter. BOOM, a full size photo shows up!
So, instead of this size, which you have to click on to get a full size photo:
kellogg.jpg

you get this size!:

GO BIG!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts