Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid me parks under a shade for 2 hours. I come out later and it looks like birds were trying to bomb my car. The sh*t was everywhere! Took me awhile to clean it all off, all but a raised residue that won't come off my stripe from the R/T. I have white stripes, and the bird sh*t it a white residue that won't budge. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
What are you using to help clean it off? This is why I like to carry a quick detailer and extra microfiber towels with me. Typically, I will fold the towel in 1/4's, dampen it with the QD, spray the bird bomb/affected area liberally and then hold the towel on top with light pressure. I will keep checking to see if the contaminant is loosening. Once the material is soft enough, I will begin lifting it up with the towel until it is mostly gone. I will then take a new towel, spray the area and do a wipe down.

Are you saying there is still bird excrement still on the stripe or is it the stripe that is raised?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Trees

Trees are tempting to park under because your ride will stay cooler. If you think bird poop is bad, try tree sap! That stuff is like iron to get off! Try a couple of paper towels moistened with hot water from the tap. It has worked for me in the past. Years ago I had bird poop land on the hood of my 240z. Stupid me left it there for a day or two. When I finally cleaned it off there was a permanent shiny stain on my red paint. Now, when I see the poop, I jump on it right away. I will never park under a tree again!

Stevo

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had the same thing happen last week (seaguls!)...I just washed the car by hand like normal with Meguiar's Gold car wash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts