Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Lead pellets, as in a shotgun? Or a pellet gun? I have a 12 gauge but I'm too close to my neighbors. Then someone gave me a pellet gun and I'm like why tf do I need this and gave it to my dad. Kicking myself for that.
A pellet/bb gun will take care of it all very quietly and discretly. You can get a European springer single shot (don't have to buy air or C02 cartridges) that are great for hunting and eliminating small pests and varmits. Pump ups work too then you can control the power but can be tiring or time consuming pumping up the air or PCP air but those can be costly to maintain. These items can be backyard friendly where your neighbors won't know. You wouldn't have to worry as much as a firearm of doing damage and going through everything. Alot less liability.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,605 Posts
Don't get me started on birds. At my farm there are barn swallows, starlings, and robins. All are a nuisance!! The only cure is "lead pellets" but not the best nor easiest thing to do.
As for washing, I take my vehicles to the touchless car wash. Be careful cleaning off the "crap" as it can be abrasive and if you leave it on too long it may "etch" the clearcoat/paint.
Those are all good birds that eat bugs. You haven't had a bad experience until you've had a buzzard drop a load on you going down the freeway...

Reactions: farmer52

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
153 Posts
Those are all good birds that eat bugs. You haven't had a bad experience until you've had a buzzard drop a load on you going down the freeway...
I agree about the benefits BUT...crapping on everything, nests inside buildings/rain gutters/spouting, crapping down the siding, and plugged downspouts. The "mess" is what is discouraging. Robins will build nests inside equipment and cause operational issues. There were a couple barn owls at the farm but the crows chased them away.

An occasional buzzard load would be welcome rather than the daily bird crap cleaning!

Reactions: Gila Hemi

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I agree about the benefits BUT...crapping on everything, nests inside buildings/rain gutters/spouting, crapping down the siding, and plugged downspouts. The "mess" is what is discouraging. Robins will build nests inside equipment and cause operational issues. There were a couple barn owls at the farm but the crows chased them away.

An occasional buzzard load would be welcome rather than the daily bird crap cleaning!
Watch out for those "Dam Seagulls". o_O :cool::ROFLMAO::LOL:

·
Registered
2,605 Posts

It's the crows you need to go after. They aren't good for anything, especially on a farm.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
153 Posts
It's the crows you need to go after. They aren't good for anything, especially on a farm.
Notice I did not mention crows as a nuisance bird. They don't like lead pellets! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Gila Hemi

·
Registered
2,605 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,555 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
376 Posts
yeah, last fall, me and the wifey went to Costco on a Sunday afternoon, late. I parked way out in the parking lot , on the up hill side , no one around. All safe.
Went in the store, snacked, picked up a few things, all was good.
Went back out to the Challenger, and the was hood and roof and front windshield was covered with bird crap ! It was unreal ! I lost my mind. It was like every bird in Winston Salem NC decided to go by Costco and crap on the Challenger.
Dense me didn't look up when I parked. Big ol' power line. I didn't even notice it.
I stood there paralyzed while my wife put the stuff we bought in the trunk. She then looked and found a car wash nearby on her phone, held it up in front of my face, said 'car wash' three times, clicked her heels and broke my trance.
She drove us to the car wash and luckily it all came off with the spray wand.
I washed it at home the next day and no permanent damage thank goodness. Chemical guys spray wax and we were feeling better.
It was 'Starlings' gathering to fly south there in the fall I guess. We seen them on other 'lines' leaving town that evening.
There was also the crazy Robin that saw himself on the rear bumper of our two week old Lexus IS350, way back in the spring of 2007 and decided to 'Attack'. Idiot

best regards
parrott ( I have never attacked a car seeing my own reflection or shadow) :alien:

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
SURE BUT YOU WILL BE LIABLE TO ANY NEIGHBORS AROUND YOU. GET THE BETTER TOLL FOR THE JOB.
We are talking about out on a farm...

21 - 34 of 34 Posts