Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a brilliant black 392 with silver stripes at the San Antonio Mission Chrysler Dodge on I-35 near 1604. It's the first none IE I've seen and first 392 in person.

$48800 roughly, fully loaded (NAV, Kicker Speakers, Sun Roof, Mopar Appearance Package), 5-speed automatic.

Things to note:

-It looks like dodge added a transmission cooler on the radiator.
-Mopar Oil Cooler added to the engine block
-The lower airbox is now sealed to the airhole (air hole no longer looks round) and there it looks like there are added dividers to the section below the air hole to keep engine heat from the lower fender well.
-The exhaust is a clamp on exhaust. It looks very similar to the Magnaflow X-pipe design (it has a nice growl to her)
-The interior is almost exactly like the old SRT8. The suede seat/leather combo is a winner in my book and is almost an exact match to the older model
-The driver side does have the rear seat access, however, you loose the ability of power controls for the back rest. The trade off is that the lumbar support is now motorized and fills with air rather than the 2-way manual adjustable.
-It uses 5w-40 Oil
-The steering wheel is nice, but sorry I prefer the simplicity of the old one.
-The lower chin spoiler looks nice and really I didn't notice any real difference with the lower "frown face" opening. It actually looked more restrictive and more of a "make it look aggressive" modification rather than a performance/functionality thing.

I was about to do a trade on the car so they let me test drive it. You need not worry, I was nice to her. The handling feels really good in turns and I would venture to say you could get the same feeling with camber adjustments and adding a front strut brace to the current model. The beauty of the 8-4 cylinder is that you hardly notice (other than sound) that it turns on.

I would say that Dodge listened very well to the consumer market and did some more research on here especially with the airbox design. Moving the throttle body and sensor away from the engine block as well as sealing the lower airbox to the lower fender gap behind the fog log is a plus.

Edit: Picture Added

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Yep, they did add the transmission cooler and power steering cooler. He talked about it on one of the videos, cannot remember which one?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i like it that my IE which was ordered 5 months ago still isnt here and regular SRT's are starting to be at dealerships now..

where a photo? id like to see the color combo

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Updated with picture, although it doesn't do it justice (sorry meant to get the stripe in there). It was a very tempting buy and looks really good. The seats were like the old SRT8s and had red as the color for the stripe. They just got it in yesterday.

I like how the 392 badge is red, the brembos are red and the interior seat stripe is accented in red.

·
Registered
820 Posts
very nice, now with the front they actually tested the air direction it cools better.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Stripes pics? Please?

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to take & post a pic. Couple of questions, ifin you dn't mind,
1) I thought all the 2011's where going to be blue with white stripe or white with blue stripe only?
2) I thought all automatic equipped SRT8's got the trans coolers?
3) You mean the 2010's on back do not come equipped with a power steering cooler? Do tell.

Thanks in advance!
Doozle.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to take & post a pic. Couple of questions, ifin you dn't mind,
1) I thought all the 2011's where going to be blue with white stripe or white with blue stripe only?
2) I thought all automatic equipped SRT8's got the trans coolers?
3) You mean the 2010's on back do not come equipped with a power steering cooler? Do tell.

Thanks in advance!
Doozle.

#1 - Only the 1400 IE's are white with blue stripes or Blue with white. They also get the white 392 seats.
The rest of the non IE's get the normal colors that they offer and stripes. Normal seats instead of white as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts